Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flashers on my 96 stopped working. Bulbs are okay, signals work fine. Doesn't it all come off the flasher in the fuse panel? Is there something that would cause the flashers not to work but let the signals work? The bulbs turn on (all four) but they don't actually flash.

Biederboat

·
Redneck Romeo
1,810 Posts
Sounds like you may have a light-duty flasher module that's designed to only run 2 bulbs at a time. You can pick up a "heavy-duty" flasher (one to run 4 or 6 bulbs at a time) for dirt cheap at the local parts store. IIRC, they usually have a metal case, rather than a plastic one.

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
On the 96, there are two relays. The other is on the backside of the fuse block. To verify one is good, swap them out. If the flashers start working and the blinkers stop, you have a bad relay. About $5 at the auto parts store.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the 96, there are two relays. The other is on the backside of the fuse block. To verify one is good, swap them out. If the flashers start working and the blinkers stop, you have a bad relay. About $5 at the auto parts store.
Cool, thanks! I'll check it out.

Biederboat

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem just last week, turns out the factory harness for the trailer connections was bad. I pulled out the harness and reconnected the turn signal and brake light connection into the chassis harness and it worked! Now just have get a replacement towing harness....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts