Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing my aod to a c6 ( 302 ) in my 1989 w/ 302. My question is

1) How do you tell the diffrence between the two flexplate (28 oz aod vs 50oz c6 ) ?

2) Also trying to keep my bw1356 transfercase... would it mount to the c6 and any "problems" associated with the install ? or I could go manual shift np208...any recomendations ?

thanks

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts

No idea if this helps but its the flexplate on my 460. I dont have one of the 302 to compare it for you, and I cannot answer your question.

Yes the BW 1356 will mount to the C6 with no problems. If you have electric shift, the NSS will need to be rewired before it will shift into 4 low.

·
Yeah- I did it-SO WHAT !!
512 Posts
From what I found,providing the O.D. and converter stud spacing is the same,the 302/50 oz has a -/+ 4 inch long weight. The 28 oz a -/+ 3 inch long weight,but is narrower than the 50 oz. Seems to me like the 302/aod/50 oz has a open window in it(kinda a funny square). I would compare to a new one if you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope no luck they look identical...any other telltale signs...They could possibly be the same flexplate but the guy I bought the trans from said the flexplate went to a c6..thus the confusion..:twak

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks gackner for the reminder...
That's why I want to be triple sure I have the right flexplate ..

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
What did the C6 come out of?
Basically it will be the same size weight welded to it as your AOD one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the trans c6 , torque convertor, flexplate and NP208 came out of a 84 bronco. All of it was already apart and in this guys garage he bought it for a project truck but never put it together.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just went threw a bunch of flexplate problems recently. if the weights are the same there the same. sometimes there the same size but one will have a bunch of the weight drilled out, is there any reason you cant use the one off your AOD. but if they are the same size weights they way the same.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
usman13 said:
the trans c6 , torque convertor, flexplate and NP208 came out of a 84 bronco. All of it was already apart and in this guys garage he bought it for a project truck but never put it together.
An 84 would have the correct balancing. The ONLY 28oz AOD flexplate would be for a 351/AOD.
race4fn said:
i just went threw a bunch of flexplate problems recently. if the weights are the same there the same. sometimes there the same size but one will have a bunch of the weight drilled out, is there any reason you cant use the one off your AOD. but if they are the same size weights they way the same.
They're different. The AOD one wouldn't push the touque convertor far enough into the C6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.