Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View My Video

Does anyone know why my gauge will randomly do this? It rarely does it in park, it'll sometimes do it when I first put it in Reverse, and sometimes when coming to a stop in Drive. Is it shorting or is it likely an actual oil pressure concern? I would have thought if it was an actual oil pressure problem it would just go flat, especially since this is a dummy 6 PSI gauge anyhow.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
View My Video

Does anyone know why my gauge will randomly do this? It rarely does it in park, it'll sometimes do it when I first put it in Reverse, and sometimes when coming to a stop in Drive. Is it shorting or is it likely an actual oil pressure concern? I would have thought if it was an actual oil pressure problem it would just go flat, especially since this is a dummy 6 PSI gauge anyhow.
Your oil pressure is very low, It's hovering around whatever psi the switch is at, 5-8psi.

·
Registered
410 Posts
When you are running down the road is it steady? Does it flicker when the engine is cold or only after it has heated up? As mentioned, it looks like the idle oil pressure may be right at the level where the sender switch takes place. Increasing the oil viscosity at operating temperature might raise the pressure enough to stop the flickering.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You really should put a (verified) shop gauge on it to see what your actual pressure is.

What is the condition and mileage of the engine? Burn any oil?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts