Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a floor jack as a chritmas present for my brother. How much capacity is needed to be safe? His car is 3500lbs. I would assume the higher the capacity the better, but what is really needed?

A 1.5 ton jack could basically support his entire car and you only lift one end at a time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What kinda of car? lowered? There are many jacks out there and it really depends on the car and what you are going to use it for, IMO.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a very modified 1992 Thunderbird and yes it is lowered. So I'm looking at low profile jacks, I just dont know about the capacity. He wants an aluminum one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess that eliminates that one as a choice. Do you have any recommendations on a low profile jack?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
i am not familiar with that particular jack, but i have a jack that i got from harbor freight about 8 years ago for $30 iirc. i have beat the snot out of it and it continues to work well, i have gotten more than my money's worth out of it.

maybe poorboyz experience was a lemon? or that model could be crap. just don't want you to rule out all HF jacks bc i love mine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts