Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored. Went down to check progress on the Bronk.

The floor shifter is kinda in. He said he needs to pull it out to hook up something else. Oh and I see rhino-liner in my future because instead of going the extra step to pull the floor mat out, he just cut it. Then proceeded to tell me he could glue it back. I said no thanks, I'll fix it myself later. :twak

Its a rachet style shifter. Shifts kinda weird, but I'll get used to it. Its kind of a stretch to reach, but not too bad.

And he got a flex fan finally and got it put on.

Got the kickdown linkage hooked up. My brother is here today to help him work on it. Maybe they can get the gas tank put in.

My dad makes sure to tell me every chance he gets about how much trouble this whole swap has been and how he never would have guessed it'd been so hard or so many parts to find. I just try to ignore him.

I'm gonna bust my ass in school and get a good job just so I can have my OWN money and my OWN truck so I can fix it MYself. I don't even feel like Brutus is "mine." Eh..this isn't a bitch session. I'll shut up now. :banghead

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gearrat said:
looks good and ya know we will always open bitch season for you

Well, if you insist....nah, I'm kidding. I've got nothing to bitch about, I've got a kidney that has worked great from the get go (some people are not as lucky.) And I've got a dad funding a project and working on it. No room to bitch here.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my brother got it straightened out. My dad was all about forcing it to shift, and didn't understand the whole concept about the lil t-handle and how you have to pull it up. There's some order to it, from making it shift like a gate shifter, or using the rachet style shifting. Pretty cool though. :thumbup They're doing the gas tank tomorrow I think.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Looks like a cool project. What did the shifter run by chance?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drilim said:
What did the shifter run by chance?
Summit has it listed for $167.

I'm not sure what dad paid for that one because he went to the local speed shop, where him and the counter guy are on a first name basis.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
I'm gonna bust my ass in school and get a good job just so I can have my OWN money and my OWN truck so I can fix it MYself.
Would you buy a completely restored '65 or would you buy one that needs work?

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
Merc....buildable driver? Babez Blue 100?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dustball said:
Would you buy a completely restored '65 or would you buy one that needs work?
I'd buy one that needs work, but I wouldn't muck up what was ok to begin with so it needed more work.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I just put the same shifter in my truck tonight. What a pain in the a$$. Im am seriously not impressed with B&M. The brackets for mounting the cable on the tranny hit the drive shaft, the micro switch's for the neutral safty switch and the reverse lights dont mount right, and the shifter bracket on the tranny doesnt line up right with the shift distance's of the shifter. So if anybody else is going to try a floor shifter i recomend the hurst v-matic 2 and see how it is. Just my two cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts