Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a floor shifter with their auto? Got pics? Specifically of maybe a 78-9 model with a floor shifter.

I wanna see what it might look like.

Spank ya. :toothless

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
oh man i never thought about that.....................great now i gotta go get me one of those.

I just saw this one listed under auto shifters but i dont know how great it would be, you couldnt tell what gear your in :shrug but man i wanna get it now, lol now i can have a pretend manual truck :toothless

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
i like the B&M one best, for the money anyways, it really cant be beat, if you dont have a shift kit get get one, when you are selecting the gears with a shift kit it will hit them right away, take away the slop that a normal auto has. plus, when you taggin out first, slam it into second and chirp em, it just makes a man warm inside, espcially seeing that its a full size, not some ricer taggin his limiter to do it

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blueoval78 said:
if you dont have a shift kit get get one, when you are selecting the gears with a shift kit it will hit them right away....
The C6 has already been rebuilt. I don't see it coming back out and he might have already put a shift kit in it. He doesn't converse with me about things he does. The only thing I know about the tranny is that it has the 4 pinion planetary and 5 disc clutches.

The only thing I'm wondering now is how it'll work with the t-case shifter being there, too. I haven't been in the truck in awhile, so I forgot about how its laid out.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
The C6 has already been rebuilt. I don't see it coming back out and he might have already put a shift kit in it. He doesn't converse with me about things he does. The only thing I know about the tranny is that it has the 4 pinion planetary and 5 disc clutches.

The only thing I'm wondering now is how it'll work with the t-case shifter being there, too. I haven't been in the truck in awhile, so I forgot about how its laid out.
Look in the Superford registry under Dave Berryman and Jim Hunter. They may have pics of their floor shifters posted. Norm would recommend Art Carr shifters every time, no question.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
BroncoBabe said:

from what i have gathered, most of the time you dont need to drop the trans to install a shft kit.

the shifter can go to the right of the xcase shifter, the B&M has a good base that allows you to customize it by trimming it to fit

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blueoval78 said:
from what i have gathered, most of the time you dont need to drop the trans to install a shft kit.
Yeah, I had a brain fart. You just need to pull the pan and access the valve body I think. But dad is so fired up to get it driving, I don't think he'll slow down for that, lol.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think I'd wanna loose my console though. I'm too short to reach the glove compartment without dragging my ass across the truck, so I keep eeeeeeverything in my console.

I got my Lokar catalog out, they got some niiiiice billet shifters with a longer handle, so I could reach it comfortably and a kick ass piston shifter knob. BlingBling. heh

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
I've been working on a custom shifter in my "spare" time... when it's done gonna be cheap and easy to build em. The main consideration in this one is the mounting options. Might be summer before it's done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts