Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all

as some of y'all saw i had my connecticut plates during the ocala run still on.
i am going to have to get some florida plates real soon.

the question for y'all is, does florida still have any emissions testing? what am i going to have to do to get the pig registered? when i was connecticut i had some minor issues with emissions and dont want to have the same problems if i dont have to.

i plan on calling the folks there tomorrow, but i know y'all would know anyhow.

thanks everybody.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
BroncoSka said:
hey y'all

as some of y'all saw i had my connecticut plates during the ocala run still on.
i am going to have to get some florida plates real soon.

the question for y'all is, does florida still have any emissions testing? what am i going to have to do to get the pig registered? when i was connecticut i had some minor issues with emissions and dont want to have the same problems if i dont have to.

i plan on calling the folks there tomorrow, but i know y'all would know anyhow.

thanks everybody.
1- No, Florida doesnt have any emission laws anymore....

2- All you need to register the Bronco is, PIP & Liability insurance minimum. Your old registration and you are done....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bless the south and florida, thats good news.
in even better news the xfercase will be here on tuesday. installed this weekend. oh yeah.

thanks felix,jimmy and john.

·
Registered
925 Posts
ouch... my mustang was 25.75 last time and the bronco has perm antique tags that cost around 20

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
djlarryp said:
question... isn't it pretty expensive in FL to reg. a vehicle?
The change of title is what makes it semi expensive the first time. annual renewal isn't bad. I have 4 renewals comming up in March for a total of $120. They come due on your birthday. I have half of our stuff in my name and half in my wife's name because of that.
Insurance does suck ass.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had heard something about having to pay a tax on the value of the vehicle to the state. i have also heard stories about registering a northeastern vehicle in florida get hit with some impact fees.
i cant find anything solid online officially, i am going to go down there and find out what the score is.

thanks for the help so far.
i ll let y'all know how it goes from here.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
Last I heard the impact fees were deemed illegal so they had to stop that. When I switched my 95 accord over I think it cost me $30 or so. That was in 2000. I wish my ins was 33 a month. for the Honda and Bronco together I pay almost 200 a month. Thats what happens when you have two boys living at home (21 and 22) even if they don't drive the vehicles. Since they live under the same roof and are related I have to have them on my ins, can't get a straight answer why. I think its just so the ins companies can bend us over for more money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts