Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy at work said he would sell me his flowmaster dual exhaust that went on a 89 and i have a 96 the setup should work right? also hes selling it for $250 cant i buy a new system for lower than that? thanks

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmmmmm not sure and i thought it would work because at summit they have it for 87-96 broncos but its only single tip for about $230

K

·
0 Posts
250??? flow mufflers are around 80 a piece, and i dont think tips are that much either, as for the rest of the tubing, exhaust shops can bend that shit for cheap...look around first........

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh thats not a bad idea ill look into it im not sure if we have any close buy exhaust shops and yeah the tips are like 40 for 2

K

·
0 Posts
just whatever you do, get TRUE DUAL EXHAUST, not that mini crap... it'll sound A LOT better...

K

·
0 Posts
i meant 2 pipes...mini is where it comes from 2, goes into one, and goes back out to 2... i meant stay 2.......

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
KENNY said:
i meant 2 pipes...
that won't even get you into a smog shop in cali. they'd laugh you out the door.

marauder, you don't need tips, they are a waste of money and will rust very quickly. get a single 3" catback. you will have no problems with emissions, you will see better performance gains than the phony duals route, and it will be cheaper. i got mine (3" catback, flowmaster 40 delta) for $220 or so. it was way cheaper than buying a catback system. my only advice differently from what i did would be to buy your muffler through summit or jegs. they will get a better deal than buying your muffler through the shop.

K

·
0 Posts
WHAT? thats ridiculous that you cant have real dual exhaust (if your not understanding me, i mean with cats and all)... thats COMPLETELY legal... might be a little more since its double, but its DEFINITELY worth it in MY opinion...

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
KENNY said:
WHAT? thats ridiculous that you cant have real dual exhaust (if your not understanding me, i mean with cats and all)... thats COMPLETELY legal... might be a little more since its double, but its DEFINITELY worth it in MY opinion...
i never said it wasn't worth it. trust me, if it was legal in california, i would have true duals with no cats. but the ****ing CARB won't let that happen any time soon. people will be living on mars before california loosens its smog regulations.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
we understand what you're saying...

here's what we're saying:

It is technically illegal to remove your stock cat EVEN if you're only replacing it with two cats for your true dual system. Therefore, you cannot have true duals and pass a visual inspection....

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
no no no what he is saying is if the vehicle did not come from the factory with dual exhaust the smog shops in cali will fail you before they even get ya on the machine. my old pick up which was under federal smog restrictions they would not smopg because of a phuckin sticker that they could not see right in there face that said NON -CATALAST vehicle which means not cat.. thats how bad they are in cali

K

·
0 Posts
HAHA... here in TEXAS, we can hollow our our DUAL exahaust cats(aftermarkert of COARSE) and pass inspection anywhere!!! lol, jk... sorry, i didnt know it was like that there, being different here... simple mistake

·
College User
2,018 Posts
No emmissions = no cats. They again if I had emmissions to pass I would weld a heat sheild so you could not tell if a cat was under it or not. :goodfinge

·
Repo'd
1,570 Posts
When I said I don't think it wil fit,
What I ment was that there has got to be
different bends in his rig, If it has been welded
to fit his rig, chances are it won't fit yours,

$82 bucks a muffler and $76 per high flow cat
plus about $100 bucks for install here locally.
For brand new stuff with a warranty.

Sorry but anything second hand past the headers
I wouldn't pay a lot for unless it was the same year and
you new how old it was.

K

·
0 Posts
he's right... get it to where it will fit yours, or else it might rattle around, which is embarrassing! i know if you want to take the cheaper way out (im getting this from your previous posts!), auto zone sells cats for like 20 a piece, and they actually have the NAME BRAND flowmasters for 80 like we said...so thats a 100 for those, and i'd say around 30 or 40 for the bent tubing, so your looking at around 200 for the whole thing with installation, which is made to fit YOUR rig, is NEW, AND cheaper!! just my .02 though :thumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts