Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
Flowmaster 40 series are louder than any Magnaflow that I know of, with the exception of Magnapacks and the race series Magnaflows..Idk how loud the race series are.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i wouldnt jump to any conclusions just yet... if you go back to the main forum, bumpin bronco has a post where he says his 40 series sounds "wussy!"... in a sense, if you had the whole works done to your exhaust system, flowmaster would be louder, but it all depends on how much is done... if you want "loud", get the muffler, and go bigger with your piping (2.5" - 3")... just a muffler sometimes just doesnt do the trick! just my .02 though - some may think otherwise............ :shrug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,167 Posts
Magnaflow is for the types that are looking for a good performing muffler.
Flowmasters are for the redneck hillbilly type who drive 1967 dodge darts and shoot shotguns at street signs while spittin chew out da winda....:goodfinge
JK
Your comparing apples to oranges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
KENNY said:
i wouldnt jump to any conclusions just yet... if you go back to the main forum, bumpin bronco has a post where he says his 40 series sounds "wussy!"... in a sense, if you had the whole works done to your exhaust system, flowmaster would be louder, but it all depends on how much is done... if you want "loud", get the muffler, and go bigger with your piping (2.5" - 3")... just a muffler sometimes just doesnt do the trick! just my .02 though - some may think otherwise............ :shrug
Well not quite. He's wanting loud not masculinity. Two different things. You can have a loud truck that sounds like sh1t (I've had one. :banghead ) and you can have a truck that's not even half as loud as a Flowmaster and still be the best sounding truck you've ever heard.

I would advise in changing out the catalytic converters if you have the money. By now I'm sure they're clogged fairly good and holding back a lot of flow and sound.
 
K

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
Well not quite. He's wanting loud not masculinity. Two different things. You can have a loud truck that sounds like sh1t (I've had one. :banghead ) and you can have a truck that's not even half as loud as a Flowmaster and still be the best sounding truck you've ever heard.

I would advise in changing out the catalytic converters if you have the money. By now I'm sure they're clogged fairly good and holding back a lot of flow and sound.
well yes, you CAN have a loud truck that sounds like shit... but the guy asked about wanting it to be loud, and with the addition of EITHER muffler, and bigger piping, and possibly like you said an aftermarket cat, in MY opinion, you wont get any "shit-sounding" truck there! just my .02........
oh - byt the way - i never said anything about masculinity... must be on your mind!!! :twak
:beer :brownbag
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,742 Posts
Beerman said:
Magnaflow is for the types that are looking for a good performing muffler.
Flowmasters are for the redneck hillbilly type who drive 1967 dodge darts and shoot shotguns at street signs while spittin chew out da winda....:goodfinge
JK
Your comparing apples to oranges.
Whoa, what's wrong with doing that????:toothless :toothless
And I don't spit my chew out da winda, it goes in a cup, spit out the winda and yur liable to get chew stains on your paint..don't you know nuthin??:twak

By the way, Magnaflows f**king rule..:rockon :rockon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,167 Posts
Hell ya Jerm.
You da man :rockon :rockon
 

·
user title
Joined
·
2,211 Posts
Oh c'mon Beerboy...don't stereotype! I have a flow 40 and I don't spit out the window or do I shoot roadsigns that are still hanging next to the road. If I was going to stereotype I'd say you are like my girlfriend's father who looks like you and he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. :goodfinge

Anyway, I've had a long day and am just pickin' on ya' - I gotta vent somewhere.

Exhaust like everything else, to each his own. I like them all; however, it all depends on the sound you want. Flowmaster is going to be more throaty and a bit louder, but it also depends on the installation. Mine, for example is loud but not too loud it doesn't make you want to cover your ears or think "who the f*** is that?". It has the nice classic flowmaster tone - whereas the Magnaflows don't have quite the tone as a Flowmaster.

Anyway, :beer - here's to a better tomorrow, guys!
Bill
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top