Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
go out the sides. if you do it straight out the back, it will suck your exhaust into the cab when the windows down. and honestly, don't waste your time with the phony duals. there is no performance gain. single 3" catback would be perfect. ask fireguy if you guys don't believe me.

as far as quality, make sure they are using aluminized tubing and a mandrel bender (the one that doesn't leave kinks in the bend).

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Yes...

Definitely take the pipes out towards the side. I have a friend who had his dual system run straight back and he's sorry he did that for just the reason Andy mentions.

.......as for things to question?

I had a dual exhaust system put on mine (~CLICKY HERE~) and did a lil write up about it. Fireguy asked me about how the muffler man ran the pipe on the drivers side? The issue was if whether it was fitted too close to the fuel tank or the brake line? I went out and crawled under there and the pipe run by the tank is ok, but the brake line was another story entirely! Make sure you tell whoever does the job for you to be very conscious of this. :thumbup

Also...

I agree with Andy on the issue of a cat back system. Either go with the single 3" or tuck the tax money a away for bit. Save the beer money for a while and go with a true dual system when ya can.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had dual flowmasters put on mine and they come out the sides behind the tires. I'll go take some pics for ya show you how they did it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Don't bother with the single to dual muffler. All that does is add pipe under your truck. There is no performance gain by adding the second tailpipe.

Just get a single in/out and route the pipe out your passenger side behind the tire.

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
I saw a guy with true duals that exited right in front of the rear wheels... looked good, and sounded good too... but, as high up as he was, it was hard not to notice... LOL that was a tall truck... was two tone black/silver here in Lawrenceville.... anyone know the guy???

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
nothing to gain if you keep the stock crossover and 2.25" pipe before the cat.
clow is still resiticted to the smallest point. duals in the back, still leaves tiny pipe in the front.

IF you're looking for sound, slap in the muff your self.
IF you want the bling bling of dual pipes, you are on your own

Like Ironclad stated, most dual exhaust setups are a safety issue with the brake line.
But it's your life ;)

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
mda said:
Don't bother with the single to dual muffler. All that does is add pipe under your truck. There is no performance gain by adding the second tailpipe.

Just get a single in/out and route the pipe out your passenger side behind the tire.
:stupid Thats what I did... single to dual is just cosmetic you won't gain anything and a single in single out routed to the back of the pasanger tire has less shit to rip off on the trails! :beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
:lolup :histerica Boy that sucks! Just explain to her that Bronco plans are not even close to definant (sp) till they are bolted on...even then they are subject to change/up grade...:toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
VERY TRUE!
I've got a multi-thousand dollar engine I really don't want anymore.
But what can ya do. Growing pains I guess, LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I tryed all single 3in and and single 3in to dual 2.25 and ended with true dual 2.5in no cat and shortie heders cerry bombs and that was my biggest add in my exhaust and with supercharger I cant run offset mufflers and Bobby know why he did see me blow all my mufflers away :hump

·
user title
2,211 Posts
On two of my Broncos (the 95 and 85) I have a flow master 40 single in/single out with a 2.5" pipe and no cats. This gives plenty of backpressure and sounds great. Not obnoxious, just sounds like a Bronco should.

:beer
Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts