Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recieve a pair of their shorty headers.....AND THE DAMN THINGS DONT MATCH UP!!>......mind you my motor is a 85 351 and the exhaust is for a 87...i go to bolt em in...the damn passenger header doesnt meet the right angle for the y pipe....so now im in the process of fabbin a bend between the flange and the rest of the y pipe....let me tell you how happy that makes me...:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had the same problem on my 90 302. Pass side didnt match up. :duh I think part of it is due to the way the colletors are made. They're a ball and socket type that dont allow for much variance. After banging, cursing and welding, i sent the things back and got a set of hedman shorties. Been satisfied with those so far, fit right the first try!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
reptillikus said:
Not that i expected them to be different from 85-87, but why didnt you just order the ones for the 85 engine?
I think he did it just doesn't line up where the exhaust meets header...:shrug

·
Registered
184 Posts
I actually haven't had any problems with mine. I bought them for an 88' 302 and they fit just fine. The header bolts worked out a couple of times, but thats just headers for you. I have them on my F-150 now, but thats complete custom exhaust.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Their full length headers aren't any better. Ports did not match on the driver side and the passenger side was sitting on the frame. Got rid of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts