Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the fisher people in our group I just got back from an awesome 4th where did a bunch of fishing up on the Columbia. While there my dad surprised me with a fly tying box he built. He makes off shore boxes as well (Custom Offshore Tackle Boxes | MTM Tackle Boxes) but anyway I wanted to share some pictures of box, made from redwood. Almost to worried about using it for fear of spilling some glu or something on it lol.

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just got done loading it up. Hoping I don't mess it up. Shared it on a few fly fishing groups and got blasted from people asking how much and if I wanted to sell mine LOL. To save me the PMs here is what he said: He will have a price tomorrow. If you are interested in contacting him feel free. His email is [email protected]

Gave me a chance to go through and clean up a bit and now I have more space to fill :)

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,594 Posts
That’s awesome, hit me up next time you come up this way if you want to try kayak fishing, this was Monday’s haul for me from Pacific City only have to go out to the rock in the background
50A865FF-CDA7-49D0-9A93-10BD9ED71D4C.jpeg
Here’s a nice stringer from a good friend
94CC7373-D7D8-4C52-9923-96ECBCF8E550.jpeg

Another friend and his 12 year olds first ocean outing, kid did great.
433CDFCD-DC7B-48C5-9EEB-DD24893F203E.jpeg

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
14,965 Posts
That is one hell of a gift..Beautiful looking box..it's almost a work of art..your dad has an amazing talent.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
Excellent looking chest! Ive got a couple Gerstner wood chests for my precision measuring tools. "Unfortunately" they are just lowly oak. But at least quartersawn!

My dad is a master carpenter himself, so i can definitely appreciate the hand built craftsmanship.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
^^^ epic fishing right there!

Ive had some 1/0 hooks bent on limb lines for catfish. Flatheads (yellow cat) can top 100 pounds here. Not often, but many 75+ are caught every year. Usually on limb lines or noodlin.

Im still waiting to find a good long nose gar to bleach its skull... Those teeth!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts