Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no no not which side is the front! but the flywheels are weighted and where it bolts on thers the 6 holes for the bots then one extra hole whcih way does the weighted side go? i think the weight goes on teh same side as the extra hole on the engine? i can't find anyhtign about it and i forgot to look b4 i pulled the old one off and i don;t have the old one anyway. :banghead HELP ME

THANKS

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you're asking which way the weights face then yes you are asking which side is the front. Anyway the weights face forward, towards the engine. If you're talking about lining it up when installing it you don;t have to. It' will only go on one way, the holes are unevenly spaced so it can only go on with the weight in the right place.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Just to clarify things, you are talking about the FLEX PLATE right?? if it was the flywheel it would be pretty obvious which way faces the tranny.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i said in the first sentence that i wasn't asking which side is the front if u can't figure that out u have no business breathing.. and i noticed the bolt pattern was slightly spaced between 2 holes after i posted and i threw it on a nd finished puttin it all back together. thanks for the help anyways

·
Registered
303 Posts
ogre said:
no no not which side is the front! but the flywheels are weighted and where it bolts on thers the 6 holes for the bots then one extra hole whcih way does the weighted side go? i think the weight goes on teh same side as the extra hole on the engine? i can't find anyhtign about it and i forgot to look b4 i pulled the old one off and i don;t have the old one anyway. :banghead HELP ME

THANKS
U need to reread your own question u asked witch way the weights go and your smart ace remark is not good when u ask a question and u can remember what u asked...:whiteflag

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I thought his question was straight forward.The clue of what he was looking for was made evident to me when he asked about the position of the weight in relationship to the unthreaded hole in the end of the crankshaft.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
ogre said:
whcih way does the weighted side go?
OK smart ASS! I'm still breathing and YES YOU DID ASK which way was forward. Unless you stopped breathing for a while and thought maybe the weights go port or starboard. WTF!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ogre said:
no no not which side is the front!
i clearly said i wasn't asking which side was the front i was asking where the weight goes in relation to the unthreaded hole. i couldn't figure out how to explain it simply so i made sure to say that i wasn't asking which side was the front. and i also thanked the ppl for trying to answer my question even tho some thought i was asking which side was the front, which i don't blame them for at all they just misunderstood what i was asking but they still took the time to try to help. so thank you to the ppl that helped me out...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ogre said:
if u can't figure that out u have no business breathing..
i also noticed i might need to clarify this... that comment was not towards the ppl that thought i was asking which side is the front... it was saying if u can't figure out which side faces the tranny then u have no business breathing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Digging up an old thread but I am still wondering what direction the weight faces in relation to that extra non threaded hole on the crank? I tried marking the old flywheel before I pulled it off but it didn't do me much good. I can only get 3 or 4 of the bolts started and then the last couple holes just don't line up but I can't wiggle it enough and I've spun that flywheel numerous times now. I'm lost.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did have 5 of the 6 bolts in at one time but the last one just would thread in. I think tomorrow I'm going to hack my damn exhaust out so I can actually move the trans out of the way so I can actually see what I'm doing.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
the weight faces the engine block as was stated IN this thread. If you have the weight facing the transmission i doubt you'll get the holes lined up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the weight faces the engine block as was stated IN this thread. If you have the weight facing the transmission i doubt you'll get the holes lined up.
If you read what I said that is not what I was asking. I know which side faces the engine. I was more or less asking for help getting the bolt holes to line up. But I figured it out this morning, had to get some sleep and clear my head then I made more room under the truck and got it done. Thank though....

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow.

Just... wow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts