Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am swaping my 302 for 351 ,i have read a lot of post on swaps ,why do most post suggest getting crown vic flywheel? my fsb is a 1988 with aod i looked up part numbers for 88 crown with 351 and a 88 fsb with 351 and they take differnt part numbers ?? i dont get it the flywheels are the same size 164 teeth with same pitch ,what makes them differnt ? shouldnt i get the one for the truck to be safe?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
The Bronco never came with a 351 and an AOD. The AOD was only offered with the 302 and the 351 came with a C-6. Crown Vic came with a 351/AOD so that flexplate will work with the same combo in a Bronco.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks ,i got flywheel for 89 crown vic with 351 & aod i measured flywheel with c6 it sems to be the same as my 351 e4od flywheel which would force the converter a 1/4" into front pump , i see now why people have problems doing conversion .

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Don't forget the 351W flywheel is a 28oz imbalance and the 82 and up 302 flywheels are 50oz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes the flywheel i got fits older pre82 302 and all 351 28oz balance should fit c4,c5 and aod .i found out it is very important when you go to autozone or advance know what you need the guy kept trying to sell me a flywheel for bronco with 351 he said it would work ,i had to show him the difference from crank mount to conveter distance .the c6/e40d flywheel is just over a 1/4" taller than aod/c4 flywheel . this would destory front pump on aod it someone tried to use it .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts