Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered an Aussie for my rear diff, found out i have a posi trac and the aussie wont work with it. So should i buy a new or used open carrier, or should i just rebuild the posi?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
theres a billion open 8.8 carriers at the jy... I just snag the explorer carriers with the limited slip when i need one..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas, i think i will go in the direction of the open carrier with the aussie, only thing i fear is that i will be walking into unknown terrain since ive never messed with the ring and pinion meshing. Although ive seen a couple of write ups here on that. Guess ill have to do some reading and experimenting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to the Jy's around town and either they dont have one or they want to sell me the whole differential. Bronco Grave yard has them for like $90 bucks just the carrier itself but it doesnt come with the thrust washers that are needed for the Aussie. Does anyone know where i can find these? Or should i just buy the complete open diff from Bronco Graveyard for $170? Or does the open 8.8 even use thrust washers?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered an open carrier and thrust washers from Superior Axle and Gear (good to match with their chromoly axles i bought). My question is, if im going to use the same ring and pinion, do i really need to check for meshing if i use the same spacers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts