Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO DRILLING REQUIRED. awesome.

my truck came with a Super Duty bumper....which has 3 small vents.

as it turns out these vents will just about perfectly fit a set of HELLA 530s (they're either 530s or 550s. Brieldo will know)

so ben - Brieldo - suggested that i try and get a set in there.

turns out the bumper has holes on the inside (see link) already in place, perfect for mounting the lights....so i measured, ran down to the hardware store -- and made some steel brackets.

you can see from the pics how they're wired & aimed. it's not perfect but it works nicely.

they're currently wired via a relay to a lighted switch on my dash. credits to brieldo and zach for helping me with that wiring.

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3911&s=14432#content

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KENNY said:
hey, that 4th pic is an old pic of MY bronc, but when you click on it, its YOURS!!! :wtf
superford has been super buggy lately. i'll re-upload the pic when i get home...see if that fixes it.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Nice truck man. Just a suggestion...If you plan on taking it offroad...You may want to fab a cover that comes out a little to cover the lights...That way you arent dealing with glass and broken lights all the time.

Made a score today...Buddy sold his truck and trashed the light bar that was on there, But i scored 4 nice KC Daylighters. Hopefully ill find a way to mount em up

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks good.

FYI - I believe all '95 EBs and all '96 F-series and bronco came with that bumper. Mine has the same one.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
You could always have David build you a new bumper with lights mounted in like me :toothless ...Pic's coming soon!:thumbup

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Damn, this was posted a year ago (practically) I doubt he will awnser. But my best suggestion would to be to measure those holes and then check the specs on Hellas site to see which ones will fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I posted this link over in FTE, and I would have to imagine that is where ProX600 is from.

Rich

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey now. thread ressurection!

i can't remember whether they're 550's or 530's actually, and i'm away from home right now.

the way i did it though was to measure the openings in the bumper & get the measurements on the lights.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Blue'87GT said:
Is this true? Mine has a solid chrome bumper up front. Maybe mine has a replacement that was installed by the previous owner?
i think it was an option in 95 and 96, but didn't come on all broncos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts