Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I had gotten two Daylighters a little while before getting my 88 Bronco and I am looking for ideas on where to mount them. I was going to mount them on a Westin Push Bar but I cant wait on installing the fog lights long enough to have the $ for one. The Front bumper seems to awkward of a spot to put them. Thanks for any help you can give! Oh yeah and to update previous thread that I brought my truck down to the Ford dealership and the voltmeter was defective. The new one reads btwn 12 and 14 Volts!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, they are a decent sized round set. I was thinking of a light bar but I wasnt sure how it would look with only two lights. I have only seen light bars with 3 or 4 fog lights on them

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Ct88Bronco said:
Thanks for the advice, they are a decent sized round set. I was thinking of a light bar but I wasnt sure how it would look with only two lights. I have only seen light bars with 3 or 4 fog lights on them

Lights on a light bar are not fog lights. Fog lights always sit lower than your headlights, which gives the driver the ability to see what is directly in front of them.

Marauder had two on a light bar, it looked pretty good.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
are they the 6 in KC daylighters?...if so they are not designed for fog...more of a pencil beam light...basically for long range lighting.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Well, now even the 6 inch Daylighters come in fog, driving and long range versions. No telling what he has though, unless he just knows h has fog lights. I agree, fogs should be mounted low, and the long range lights high on a lightbar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are the 6" KC Daylighters. It said on the box they can be used as fog lights or as long range lights for off roading

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Isn't it illegal to run the lights above your headlights on the street?

Just mount them on he outer portions of your grill, on the bumper. Though It hink it would be cool to plasma holes in the bumper and stash them inside there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks I think that the mounting on the bumper would be the ideal spot for those size fog lights. Thanks guys for helping out the newcomer that I am! After driving the Bronco around I feel that there is nothing else better driving than the Bronco.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Saurian said:
Isn't it illegal to run the lights above your headlights on the street?

Just mount them on he outer portions of your grill, on the bumper. Though It hink it would be cool to plasma holes in the bumper and stash them inside there.
It is illeagle in some state I belive I got pulled over for running my daylighters on my bumper with the covers on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did the cop give you a ticket even if they weren't on since they had the covers on? There was one time back in the past when a cop was creating trouble with blue windshield wiper lights on the eclipse I had at the time since the lights were illegal. He asked if they were hooked up while he was checking the car out, and I said they werent (they were hooked up to the headlights) and he didnt do anything after that. He even put his ticket pad away then

1 - 15 of 15 Posts