Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an 84 or 89 Bronco and i was curious if any of you owners out there could tell me if you can fold the back bench down to provide sleeping space when camping and if so, about how long it is from the tailgate to the seat that is folded down. I'm just trying to figure out if it has more room than a blazer.

Also any big differences between the 84 and 89?

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Yes, teh bench can be folded, at least in my 88 it can, so the 89 is good to go, I'm pretty sure the 84 is the same. As for distance it's hard to say, maybe 4 and 1/2 feet or so, maybe more. Someone will pop on with an exact measurement. However, the bench can be removed pretty easily so you can use it to sleep in.

As for the difference in the 84 and 89, most importantly, fuel injection. I know there are others. Look here for specifics of each year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rear seat folds up nicely. In order to stretch out though, I have to have the tailgate open (I'm about 6'3")

Have done quite a bit of "camping" in the driveway with the kids since they love sleeping in the Bronco. I run a mosquito net from the top to over the tailgate which keeps the bugs at bay (use a broom or a stick to support it up top over the tailgate)

I am in the planning stages of a "pop top" for the rear hard top. Want something that looks stock but pops up for sleeping. Should not be really that difficult. In fact, I think I could fabricate it completely before cutting the center out of the roof. Basically will pop up and then have a 3+ foot fold out section like the pop up campers (since I wouldn't fit in the 4'x4' part of the roof that can be cut out). Probably will have to enter from the back of the vehicle (rather than climbing up from the rear cargo area)

Anyways, the bronc is a great camping vehicle

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Bakes5 said:
I am in the planning stages of a "pop top" for the rear hard top. Want something that looks stock but pops up for sleeping.
Someone years ago used to make this...I have a pic at home of it but I'm in another state visiting friends. I think Crazed has posted the same pic before, if so maybe he'll see this and post it for ya...:shrug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts