Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #1
Today, my little lady nearly made me crap myself. As a dog lovin' Bronco man, I can't tell (and probably don't need too) you all how much I dred washing the dog-snot off my topper windows. It's a super drag ot deal with and usually takes about all the elbow grease I've got to get the job done... and sometimes, it's still not as good as I'd like.

So today, I'm crawling around inside my big, black Bronco in the afternoon sun, nearly ready to have a heat stroke as I crawl around inside trying to get that dreaded dog-snot off the tinted interior windows. My lil' lady gets home from work, asks what I'm up too and after a quick explanation of the job and my frustration, along with a small note that I might just pass out before I get the job done... she tells me to wait a second, runs back in the house and comes out with MAGIC. I'm not even joking... it's literally magic!

At first... I had my doubts but after a single try and less effort than I put in cleaning the windows without dog snot... the stuff just melted away. A quick followup of the regular glass cleaner and my tinted topper side windows and the back glass were both cleaner than they've ever been.

As I said... I've fought this problem on other Bronco's more times than I can count over the years and just hated dealing with it. Until today! If you haven't tried this and you've got a canine companion that loves to ride along in your FSB even 1/10th as much as my little baby Banshee... you have GOT to try this stuff out. You'll be insanely impressed. I know I was. Clean in seconds, hardly any effort required and no effect on the tint at all. It's fan-freakin'-tastik!!!

Anyway, just a tip I wanted to pass along. Especially to @BroncMom who professes to have at least 5 dogs and probably a few more off and on, being an involved animal lover.

So there ya have it. Might not have been worthy of it's own thread but I didn't want to just leave it in the "What did you do to your Bronco today" thread, where it will shortly after move down the line and never be seen again.

BANSHEE Tested, Pepe` Approved!!!

Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
These are awesome but don鈥檛 use them on pristine paint!

Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6鈥 suspension lift with 35鈥 Cooper tires
Great tip. They work incredibly well on cleaning tough stains from leather also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion Starter #4
I really wish I'd have tried this when I was cleaning up my old '90 FSB before I sold it to @Aaron's Mud E 1
We've had them around for different uses for years but never tried it for this. I'll follow up over the next few days... just in case it mars the tint surface or something but you can usually tell something's about to go wrong and this just came out pristine with so little effort, it boggled my brain and I had to come in and share the news right after I tried it.

These are awesome but don鈥檛 use them on pristine paint!
Always try a small, hidden testing area with any "new" 2 you product, of course.

Great tip. They work incredibly well on cleaning tough stains from leather also!
Lean something new every day. I'll have to give it a shot the next time I'm slathered in bug guts.

Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6鈥 suspension lift with 35鈥 Cooper tires
I really wish I'd have tried this when I was cleaning up my old '90 FSB before I sold it to @Aaron's Mud E 1
We've had them around for different uses for years but never tried it for this. I'll follow up over the next few days... just in case it mars the tint surface or something but you can usually tell something's about to go wrong and this just came out pristine with so little effort, it boggled my brain and I had to come in and share the news right after I tried it.

Always try a small, hidden testing area with any "new" 2 you product, of course.

Lean something new every day. I'll have to give it a shot the next time I'm slathered in bug guts.
Test in a small spot to ensure it doesn鈥檛 take the dye out.

Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
Thank You, not something I would have tried or even thought about. I was thinking the slobber and nose smears where just new character marks like the scratches and dents! I take one of my 3 dogs with me anywhere I go other than work. Do you happen to have a trick to getting the short, bristly hair that our dogs have out of seat covers and upholstery?

Registered
Thank You, not something I would have tried or even thought about. I was thinking the slobber and nose smears where just new character marks like the scratches and dents! I take one of my 3 dogs with me anywhere I go other than work. Do you happen to have a trick to getting the short, bristly hair that our dogs have out of seat covers and upholstery?
On cars I鈥檝e detailed, a lint roller, use a rubber nitrile glove and rub the carpet by hand to get the surface hair, then dilute fabric softener with water in a spray bottle and use a pet hair removal tool you can get anywhere online (furzoff) and rub the carpet. Should get it all!!

Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
On cars I鈥檝e detailed, a lint roller, use a rubber nitrile glove and rub the carpet by hand to get the surface hair, then dilute fabric softener with water in a spray bottle and use a pet hair removal tool you can get anywhere online (furzoff) and rub the carpet. Should get it all!!

There is something about my Great Dane/ Bull Mastiff's hair that just doesn't cooperate with a lint roller. I have used gorilla tape wrapped around my hand, it just takes too long. I will be trying the fabric softener. Thank you!

Registered
There is something about my Great Dane/ Bull Mastiff's hair that just doesn't cooperate with a lint roller. I have used gorilla tape wrapped around my hand, it just takes too long. I will be trying the fabric softener. Thank you!
You got it! Make sure you dilute like 7:1 or 8:1. That really helps soften things up. Try a nitrile glove also. My pit bulls hair was the same way.

Discussion Starter #11
@HarryGnuts - I'd agree with the "character" assessment but after a few years, it gets so built up you can barely see through the damn rear windows and excellent, all around visibility is one of the things I love about our FSB's. I've had decent luck getting the dog hair out with a strong shop vac and going in circles with the smallest attachment, instead of just going back and forth. Works the hair out from between the cloth fibers a little better but I'll have to try @mattmann suggestion myself. I also have a towel tucked into the crack of the rear seat, to protect it a little bit but I'd prefer to find one of those carhart type seat covers for the rear bench... just for her. I haven't detailed in decades but used to work for various dealerships and auto-body shops doing it. I got two hundred off my first car because the dealership couldn't get all the hair out of the carpet. I did later and enjoyed the hell out of my first car, an AMC Gremlin X with the 304 V8 and limited slip rear end. It was only driven to church twice a week by a little old lady... or so I was told. LOL. That little old lady must have had balls of steel because you couldn't take off from a stop sign without roasting the tires, it was sooo lightweight and over-powered. ;)

Appreciate the kind words @Joecruiser She's our precious baby girl. The lil' lady calls her "Saint Banshee", because she's a postal worker and says the love of our little pup is one of the things that keeps her from "going postal" on our small town idiots, lol. We get compliments on her all the time but most people think she's a baby pit-bull. She's fully grown, at 50 lbs. but she's an American Staffordshire Terrier, aka: AmStaff. Basically... a mini-pit. All the muscle and attitude with 1/2 the size.
As for the Bronco... thanks there too. I try to take good care of it. It's the last one I'll ever be able to afford, so it's gonna have to last a few years... until I kick the bucket. It's the 3rd one I've owned since FullsizeBronco has been around but I've had 4 and take care of more.

Anyway... I really hope this helps someone else out there. Again... I'm absolutely thrilled to have found this little fix. Worked really well on cleaning up the chrome on the rear, side mirrors too. What a horrible place to put fake chrome... right where all the bug guts pile up. Not one of Ford's better calls and eventually, I'll replace them with ones without that stupid faux-chrome.

Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
This will kill ya @BikerPepe` but spray with full strength white vinegar, count to 10 and the snot comes right off 馃槉... Those magic erasers are the shit tho 馃憤

Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
Gotta give one or the other a shot. My wife's Escape has residue from our Australian Shepherd / St. Bernard mix that needs to disappear. She doesn't drool like a saint, but can sure booger up the windows.

Registered
Australian Shepherd / St. Bernard mix that needs to disappear.
That must be a site...I can't imagine what that cross would look like... And disappear 馃槷 why? Don't u loves her? 馃槬

-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
That must be a site...I can't imagine what that cross would look like... And disappear 馃槷 why? Don't u loves her? 馃槬
It's the window residue needs to disappear, not the dog. 馃榿 She's a grouch around strange dogs, but we're used to dealing with her. She lived on the street for some time before we got her. She was skin & bones, saw our other dogs as enemies, & always tried to hide her food. Eventually she realized that those dogs were friends & the food bowl got filled twice a day no matter what. We've had her since 2007, & don't know how old she was then. She's slowing down these days.

To us she looks like an extended wheelbase Aussie who's wearing a Saint coat. Her undercoat is like a thick fleece jacket. Poor dog, here in SoCal I trim her short every summer. She looks funny then, but is far more comfortable.

These are old pics. She's got a lot more white in her cheeks & ears today.

Registered
trim her short every summer. She looks funny then, but is far more comfortable.
Actually shaving her down doesn't help. That coat helps protect against heat as much as it does cold... But she's beautiful. Love how u describe her "wheelbase" 馃槀

At first I didn't clip her. But she pants heavy & scratches a lot when it gets hot. Her skin turns pink. We've been thru all sorts of allergy stuff & shots with no success. Clipping her short has brought her the most comfort so far. Sometimes I think she might be allergic to her own fur. 馃榿

I guess "scratches" is probably not a proper description. She chews on herself. Rips her own fur out. Then licks her bald places until they are raw. When trimmed close she doesn't do that stuff. Her fur is short & funny looking, but she leaves it in place. Right or wrong she acts like she's more comfortable clipped when it's hot. Typically I clip her twice during each summer. My cue as to when to trim is whenever she starts to chew on herself. The rest of the year the long coat seems to be ok.

Discussion Starter #20
She looks like a happy and pretty old girl there to me buddy. (y)

This will kill ya @BikerPepe` but spray with full strength white vinegar, count to 10 and the snot comes right off 馃槉... Those magic erasers are the shit tho 馃憤
Well ain't that just a kick in the nutz. Where the heck were you when I was preppin' to sell the '90?!? 馃槤
Figures you'd come in with the "home remedy" fix, when I was all excited to share somethin' cool with ya.
Story of my life. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts