Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally replaced my starter, I scrounged the 60bucks together. XD

Anyway, it didn't take long at all to remove it, just needed the right tools and enough brute strength to move the bolts. So, I undo the wire, get two tiny extensions, put them together, get my ratchet and undo the bolts. (There was a "snap" as I undid one, it was that tight.)

I had it removed and am about to get a ride to Autozone when I decide that for shits and giggles, I'll call and ask Firestone how much they would charge to remove and replace.

You ready?

$344!!!

Ouch...

I just saved $284 bucks! :rockon

(Technically, I did this yesterday; I also installed my Shiftser then!:thumbup)

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
holy Crap.. Almost $350 to replace a starter? Whats their hourly rate, $280 an hour?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
this thread needs more shits and giggles

·
Registered
84 Posts
now i understand why most people just drive their car till it starts havin problems then trade in on a new one like my wifes family likes to do they got no damn sense.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The list price for starter is probably double what we'd pay in a store. Sad as it may be 344 dollars is probably a legit going rate!

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
$344 for 5 minutes of work and a $60 starter? God damn if I owned a shop I wouldn't even charge labor to replace a starter on one of these.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
We got a shop that wanted $900 for parts and labor to replace my girlfriend's IAC.
After a quick "F*** NO" from me they said "ok, we'll try cleaning it and charge you $350".

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I need to open a shop. If I charged fair prices, I'd put everyone else out of business.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,515 Posts
I need to open a shop. If I charged fair prices, I'd put everyone else out of business.
You and me both brotha, when I told a customer the only charge would be for the starter they would come back to me for everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts