Must-have books for troubleshooting

My favorite EEC-IV book-

Target Training Systems, Inc
10-Year Book Including 1992

http://www.amazon.com/EEC-IV-10-Year-Including-Covers-Trucks/dp/B000W4XIUI

Another EEC book-
Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control
Probst

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217347712&sr=1-8

Wiring diagrams for your specific year- the Ford Helm Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM)

VIN decoding, lubrication points, lube specs, general vehicle checks- Ford Helm Pre-Delivery manual

Body/Chassis/Electrical parts- Ford Helm Light Truck shop manual vol A

Engine/Cooling/Fuel/Ignition/Starter- Ford Helm Light Truck shop manual vol B

Parts illustrations and OEM part numbers- Ford Light Truck Parts Catalog vol 1 (text) and 2 (illustrations)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just bought the following from eBay:

1989 Ford Truck Shop Manual
--------------------------------
Vol A (1&2)
Vol B
Vol D
Vol E

Now all I need is Vol C and I will have a complete set. Now I need to get the ones above that DustBall stated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah go to eBay and search for example:

ford shop manual 1989
ford cd 1989

Just replace the year with the year of your Bronco. This is a generic search so you will see a list all that match and you will see the results for: Bronco II, Rangers, Aerostar, Tarus, etc. May attention and look at the covers to see which vehicle it's covering.

The key to buying eBay stuff is to bid low and if someone out bids you, DON'T BID again till right before the sale closes (like 5 mins before) then add your bid and you should win the item. Don't get into a bidding war when there is 4 days still on the sale. I screwed up once and it cost me more than if I would have laid low and watch the item till the very end. That's ultimately what I did and won the item at a little higher price. Now if they have a Buy Now and it's a reasonable price (current bid and Buy Now price and fairly close to each other) go ahead and buy it on the spot vs waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.