Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I was under the impression that I could take a bench seat out of an F-series 92-96 truck and it would bolt right into my 94 Bronco. So yesterday I drove 4.5 hours to pick one up after FINALLY finding one. Problem is that it ain't even close. I took it out of a 94 f150. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,116 Posts
Yo Bro,

Have you pulled carpet?
Mount Info; "...The Broncos come equipped with both mounting capabilities, Bench and buckets. I just did this very swap from buckets to bench out of a 93 F150 XLT at the junk yard, it came with power dual lumbar, fold down arm rest, and dual cup holders for $45.00 in new condition. The mounting points for the bench are there under the carpet and they are plugged with rubber grommets. You do not have to tapped the holes either, the bolts that hold the buckets in place are self tapping, and they go in rather easy. The mounting points are made up of metal sleeves that are not threaded if never used and the self tapping bolts are easy to install. Just swap over the rubber plugs from the bench locations to the bucket locations and you are set. You also use the same seat belt locations and you are going to have to use the seat belts from the bench. The belt plastic sleeves are molded differently, and will not point in the right direction. Everything is plug and play, down to the lumbar..."
F-Series 40/20/40; "...F-Series seats should fit in your Bronco. And, I would suggest you be prepared to chase the threads with a tap in order to clean them of any rust that may have developed..." by donnor

F-Series 40/20/40; "...the bolt patterns are the same for all F series/broncos up to 96. u can run the 40/20/40, the bench seat or the regular captains chairs in the bronco..." by kemicalburns (Travis L)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just learned about that on facebook after submitting this. Got the carpet up and found the holes. Am I reading that right that the existing bolts for the bench seat should come out?. Thanks for the quick reply as always miesk5!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'll sell you a jump seat that will bolt in and you can have a 40/20/40 bench if you're in the Kansas City area

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,854 Posts
I bolted one into factory holes on my '93 utilizing the bucket seat holes.

·
I did done broke it
2,410 Posts
Needs to be from a Bronco or extended cab Fseries. Single cab and crew cab use their own bolt hole configuration

1 - 7 of 7 Posts