Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has that been confirmed that Toyota is bringing back the FJ?
Short answer, no.

I only say that because Toyota will be making a lot of changes to the Land Cruiser, Lexus LX and a couple others. That would give them more of a reason release a next-generation Toyota FJ. Also, lets not forget how well current FJ values hold up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Apparently the FJ is still sold in a few markets, just an interesting fact.
Correct.

Its not a version we'll ever get in the U.S. unfortunately...
You can however import a +25 year old version as the current one is very old school based but in a good way. Its nothing like the FJ Cruiser we had and a successor to that is what I was aiming at here.

I desperately want one of these...
toyota-land-cruiser-fj-70-series.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I think RHauf is referring to the Bronco Sport, which is based on the Escape and is a unibody.

The Bronco does indeed have low range, a frame, and at least a rear locker (don't know about the front).
snip
Wait what?? The "sport" sounds like it's not even the same vehicle!

Okay then, in that case the non-sport version sounds fairly promising, even with IFS and a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wait what?? The "sport" sounds like it's not even the same vehicle!

Okay then, in that case the non-sport version sounds fairly promising, even with IFS and a 4 cylinder.
Basically the "Bronco Sport" is a crossover. While the "Bronco" is the real deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There’s a reason Jeep’s have “literally” helped win wars! There were only 400 produced in 1941, 400,000 by end of 1942... I’ve owned 4, my first a 1955 Willy’s. They are not the “most comfortable”, but they will straight up go. My last, a 2018 2 door Rubicon, & Ford had better bring it if they’re even trying to compete!! Yes, you can drop $15,000 worth of aftermarket add one, & maybe get “close” to a 2 door, bone stock Rubicon in a manual transmission. And, just my opinion, but I don’t think any 4 door will ever compete w/ a 2 door Wrangler’s short wheel base!! So, the 2 version bronco had better be reality, not rumor! Toyota could compete w/ jeep w/ the new FJ, that they keep reneging on, & I personally believe it will happen after they drop the land cruiser from the lineup, or the sequoia. The 4 door bronco screams blah to me, just as the 4 door wrangler did when it came out!! Pretty on-road, but that’s really all. I’m not hating on Ford’s either. Love the F-150, I just think that if they’re gonna actually put something out there that they’ve been teasing for what seems like a decade, it ought to have the “balls” to compare to what has, in my opinion, been the clear winner in this category since 1941.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There’s a reason Jeep’s have “literally” helped win wars! There were only 400 produced in 1941, 400,000 by end of 1942... I’ve owned 4, my first a 1955 Willy’s. They are not the “most comfortable”, but they will straight up go. My last, a 2018 2 door Rubicon, & Ford had better bring it if they’re even trying to compete!! Yes, you can drop $15,000 worth of aftermarket add one, & maybe get “close” to a 2 door, bone stock Rubicon in a manual transmission. And, just my opinion, but I don’t think any 4 door will ever compete w/ a 2 door Wrangler’s short wheel base!! So, the 2 version bronco had better be reality, not rumor! Toyota could compete w/ jeep w/ the new FJ, that they keep reneging on, & I personally believe it will happen after they drop the land cruiser from the lineup, or the sequoia. The 4 door bronco screams blah to me, just as the 4 door wrangler did when it came out!! Pretty on-road, but that’s really all. I’m not hating on Ford’s either. Love the F-150, I just think that if they’re gonna actually put something out there that they’ve been teasing for what seems like a decade, it ought to have the “balls” to compare to what has, in my opinion, been the clear winner in this category since 1941.
The 2-door Bronco is definitely happening. There's no way Ford is only going to offer it as a 4-door. They're designing it to be a Wrangler competitor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
61 - 75 of 75 Posts