Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy locally who says he is parting out a 351 crate motor thats 275 hp. i dont see that motor in the 01 catalog, nor is it on their website. Its from an 88 bronco with a serp belt. Im going to look at it now, to see what its like. he says its got 2000 miles or so on it.

How would I know whata motor it is, and what the specs are? Do crate motors have a numbers on them that I need to notate?

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm, well, i didnt see that, but after looking at it, and what it appears to hve, it is this motor with the serpentine, instead of the V belts.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5685

he wants 1200 for it, and the thing looks nearly new. It still has the paint around most of the gaskets, indicating it hasnt had the first oil change yet, and the heads are super clean. Even has ford motorsport headers on it. Not sure its a good deal or not tho. the ford site says 2800 bucks or so, but i want gt 40 heads and better intakes on it.

Is it better to just rebuild my own?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.