Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen these?

Gesture Font Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper

Because of the computer location from 1996 vs 1986, I may need one of these or may have to make one.

Does anyone have a source for these without being $900?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dude's smoking crack if he thinks anyone will pay $900 for that.

Reactions: Bayou1972

·
Man of endless projects
10,389 Posts
wow he raised the price alot on it. i bought one 5' long for like 350$ for my mud truck to relocate my PCM higher.

i was not super impressed with it. the issue is the female EEC-V connector is not made anywhere. this is an issue why the Stinger PCM is not avalible for EEC-V. he basicly rips the female end off an old PCM and then solders the wires to the pins that went to the PCB. its not super great, not very waterproof but does work. but with enough time you can do the same thing. i think the male ends are avalible

i tried to waterproof mine by spraying clearcoat on the exposed pins and then fill the entire back with RTV. i currently have an issue that one of the power pins still shorted out and broke off. i can repair it but i will end up jsut ditching it all to go Megasquirt. i could possibly be tempted to fix it and sell it to ya tho

ill take some pics of it thisweekend to show you what to expect. granted mine has been underwater many times

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
3,859 Posts
The base price is crazy enough, but $30/ft additional? Dude's pricing it like heavy gauge copper.

I bought one of these boards a while back for $25:

The kits were already discontinued, but the boards were still available and I had an old PCM to break down for the connector portion. I haven't done anything with it yet, as getting all the pins desoldered proved above my skill level, but it'll hopefully become an extension harness at some point.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,741 Posts
Although a real pain in the ass….couldn’t a guy cut and extend the existing wires with a good solder job….. or are these two hard points that connect, haven’t messed with my electronic components much.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although a real pain in the ass….couldn’t a guy cut and extend the existing wires with a good solder job….. or are these two hard points that connect, haven’t messed with my electronic components much.
Probably what I'm going to end up doing....

·
Man of endless projects
10,389 Posts
if you were still curious, this is what my harness looked like. most of it is still secured in the truck. the male end was perfectly fine being i think that end is still avalible or at least you can repin the connector with new pins.

Wood Electrical wiring Gas Composite material Wire

the female end they just ripped off an old PCM, cut back some of the plastic, and soldered the wires to it with heatshrink. it works but its not perfectly watertight. which is why my connector just happened to corrode the main constant +12v power pin. but it was used in my mud truck that stays underwater for extended periods of time

Finger Wood Metal Fashion accessory Art

Finger Audio equipment Bumper Circuit component Electronic component

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you were still curious, this is what my harness looked like. most of it is still secured in the truck. the male end was perfectly fine being i think that end is still avalible or at least you can repin the connector with new pins.

View attachment 198390

the female end they just ripped off an old PCM, cut back some of the plastic, and soldered the wires to it with heatshrink. it works but its not perfectly watertight. which is why my connector just happened to corrode the main constant +12v power pin. but it was used in my mud truck that stays underwater for extended periods of time

View attachment 198392

View attachment 198391
That's for sharing this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts