Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco Sport 302, auto, 2.5” lift, 4.10 gears, 33” BF Goodrich
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a lead on a factory ford radio/CD player from a 1998 mustang GT. Does anybody know if it will slide in the stock location of my 1996 Bronco? I understand the wiring may be different, but I like the idea of CD player with the factory look.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Yo j,
DIN radio (single DIN) measures 2x7", while a double DIN measures 4x7". When factory radio/CD players are replaced with after market units, the DIN standard ensures compatibility; however, new or altered dashboard trim may be required.

Yo will probably need to re-wire the harness

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,371 Posts
94-96 offered a factory CD player. Ive only ever seen the one in my own 94. Never one in the junkyards. Came with the premium sound package that pumped out an astonishing 140w... With a factory amp. Not very powerful.

Reactions: slimpartywagon

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco Sport 302, auto, 2.5” lift, 4.10 gears, 33” BF Goodrich
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Copy, thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
94-96 offered a factory CD player. Ive only ever seen the one in my own 94. Never one in the junkyards. Came with the premium sound package that pumped out an astonishing 140w... With a factory amp. Not very powerful.
The 1994 Explorer with premium sound also had the CD player and factory amp. I too have never seen it in the JY, just in both my EB explores I owned.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,371 Posts
If thats the case, it widens the OP's search criteria quite a bit.

I occasionally run across the old 2-post ford radios in the early 80s pickups in the JY. But most are aftermarket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.