Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In Front of Jopes
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a late model Fusion from Enterprise, Probably was a 2019.

I can see why the Camry, Accord and South Korean POS cars have this car beat.
It rides nice, drives nice with plenty of power, it had the ecoboost engine in it.

But I didn't like the window controls on the drivers side being so far away, I would have to extend my arm to reach it.
The seats seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Oh, when did cars start to come with driver monitoring systems that talk sh-t to you? Big Brother!!!
I always liked the looks of the Fusion, but having drove it I was disappointed with the interior. Really poor interior design.
If Ford had done a lot more on the interior then they would have not discontinued this car.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,375 Posts
The SYNC system has been being snarky to drivers since like 2008...

It's been clear for a long while where Ford spends their R&D money: trucks and mustangs.

Reactions: Want2BS8ed

·
Registered
841 Posts
The SYNC system has been being snarky to drivers since like 2008...
Ha! Try a German car. They're down right bossy.

Even my wife coined the term B.I.D. "B**ch In the Dash" for the Nav system.

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Foolsize Member
1,558 Posts
You can thank the genuis that is CEO Jim Hackett for killing the Fusion, not the interior design team. At his direction, Ford is gambling on the idea that everyone wants trucks and SUV's and that sedans are dead in America. All of this is despite the fact that the Fusion continues to sell well even as it nears its deathbed and that data shows sedan buyers are going to other brands instead of moving up to SUV's like they expected.

Bring back Allan Mulally!

Reactions: cobrajoe

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ford really screwed the pooch on both the Fusion and the Focus. They have a great engine with the duratech 2.0, 2.3 and the 2.5. The Fusion has been around for a while and I haven't heard that much about any major issues. They totally torch the Focus brand by trying some half ass double clutch, dry automatic transmission crap in 2012, but leave the Fusion alone so it can continue being super reliable. Then ditch the reliable Fusion brand and keep the Focus brand that they butchered!!!! If you want to read some horror stories google Focus DPS6 complaints. Can you imagine buying a new car and having to replace the clutch two or three times in a few years!!! This will cause any new Ford buyers to stay way clear of any Ford products for the rest of their lifetime.

What i find hilarious is that there are still some asshats buying these 2012+ automatic Focus. They see them for sale around 3,000 to 5,000 and think there getting a steal. Then they hit the Focus Forum asking if they just made a stupid purchase. Hell yes you did dumbass. Try getting online and researching before you buy the car asshole.

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
The first gen fusion with one particular engine (cannot remember which) was the only good model. The rest; and the rest of the ford cars have been pure junk. The explorer; the cross over cars all that crap has been junk. There's a reason ford and GM quit making cars other than icon vehicles (mustang; camaro; vet etc). They are junk.

If you want a good car or truck now days follow this:
Ford truck for half ton and bigger pickups and suvs
toyota and lexus for tacoma and smaller suvs. Toyota/lexus for cars and crossovers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts