Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSNBC is reporting that Ford, GM, and Chrysler are shutting down production at all their U.S. plants in response to Coronavirus.

Which means we're more than likely seeing a delay with the Bronco, both versions.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I'm more curious what will happen with the car market. Will the value of used cars go up? Down? Stay the same?

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,215 Posts
I'm more curious what will happen with the car market. Will the value of used cars go up? Down? Stay the same?
With so many people out of work and staying home, they're not likely to need additional vehicles or have the disposable income to throw at them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a very good question. If not as many people are going outside because they're self-quarantining I can't see the prices for used cars going up.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
The word I'm getting at Sharonville Transmission Plant where I work is we will shut down after Thursday night, until the 30th, 10 days. Probably more to do with supply problems...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I've been looking for a used car for my dad, the market has been shit. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up something nice in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,215 Posts
I've been looking for a used car for my dad, the market has been shit. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up something nice in the coming weeks.
It should be a buyer's market. With so many people lacking a paycheck, anything they can sell to stay afloat will be fair game.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Car sales in China have been down 92% this year!!! No one is buying a car there or here... prices will be soft for primary and secondary market in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Maybe I was too quick to judge their motives. They say they are going to do deep cleaning while we're off and when we go back to work, it's going to be 8 hr shifts with a break between shifts so employees will have less interaction.

I agree the car and truck market is going to be very soft for a while, a buyer's market, with all the people now out of work and all the money lost in the market. I'm sure it will affect our demand and production until things turn around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts