Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit 8/7/04: This write up has been moved. Click here.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Great pics Mud E 1 !

Plug access actually looks improved over the stock heat shields,etc. Still, I'm probably going for the Summits as they're SO much cheaper, like me.

Took my last ever emissions test Wednesday, I'm emission exempt from here on in, being 20 next time I need my sticker.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Do you think it'd be possible to leave the outer 4 end bolts as studs to make installation and lining up the gaskets easier ?

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Great pics Mud E 1 !

Plug access actually looks improved over the stock heat shields,etc. Still, I'm probably going for the Summits as they're SO much cheaper, like me.

Took my last ever emissions test Wednesday, I'm emission exempt from here on in, being 20 next time I need my sticker.

Sixlitre

p.s./
Do you think it'd be possible to leave the outer 4 end bolts as studs to make installation and lining up the gaskets easier ?
yes and no. haha.

it would work i quess

when i did my bassani's they take up a bit more room, being equal lenght shorties. i did the same thing as above, but they have graphite crush gaskets, pretty nice actually, i put the 2 end header bolts on, with the gasket, and slide it into place that way, and placed the other bolts, but all by hand and not tight, and then i started the torque sequence, now i was only able to fit a small 3/8 open end in there to work, but i took mine time, and it came out great for me

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice! How much?
Unleash any noticeable ponies? Better throttle response?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The headers were listed at $300 in the 2003 Motorsport catalog. I'm not sure if the price has changed any since. I paid $170 off of ebay.

Suprisingly, they don't sound much different than my manifolds did, but they do perform better. I wouldn't say there is a big difference, but I can feel it most in the mid-range. My next move may be a bigger throttle body to see if the headers need more input.

Right now I'm busy installing a new AOD with 4R70W internals and a Hughes performance torque converter. I'll report on the results in another post when I get them.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Those are stainless correct?

I spent extra for the coated headers, thinking they were the same stainless under.
NOPE! the coating has chipped by the collector and it's rusted to heLL :cry

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fireguy50 said:
Those are stainless correct?

I spent extra for the coated headers, thinking they were the same stainless under.
NOPE! the coating has chipped by the collector and it's rusted to heLL :cry
They are stainless. The collectors, however, are made of steel and are rusting a little. But they are pretty thick so I'm not worried about it for now.

·
Super Moderator
27,711 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts