Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Performance is offering a tune for for the 2.3L 4-cylinder engine that's in the Ranger and (soon to be) the Bronco.

For $825 it increases the power from 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque to 320 horsepower and 355 lb-ft of torque. The package also includes a high-flow K&N air filter and an optimized shift schedule tune for the 10-speed automatic transmission. It also includes remapping and a transmission tune along with a 3-year 36,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
With the factory warranty, how can you go wrong? I'm definitely doing this.

Anyone know or expect whether we could include this with financing? If I can add the tune at 0% interest over a 7-year loan, it's even more of a no-brainer for me. I'd get 50 hp while adding like only $10 to my monthly payment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
With the factory warranty, how can you go wrong? I'm definitely doing this.

Anyone know or expect whether we could include this with financing? If I can add the tune at 0% interest over a 7-year loan, it's even more of a no-brainer for me. I'd get 50 hp while adding like only $10 to my monthly payment.
I don't see why not.

According to that article "It can be purchased through any Ford dealer or authorized retailer, joining a growing list of Ford Performance add-ons for the Ranger, which already includes things like Fox Racing shocks and a side-exit exhaust."

Those currently available add-ons can be added to our final build and reflected in the monthly payment, so should this ECU tune as it falls in the same category.

I'm not 100% clear on Ford's 0% financing terms and conditions but during a time like this (COVID-19) they should be more than open to the idea.

On top of the 0% interest up to 84 months might be cash back as well!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,791 Posts
That tune, if anything like the 2.3 mustang, really wakes them up. I had it on my 2017 2.3 car. I could easily keep up with any near stock 5.0 car and still get 26-29 mpg, in a performance pack car with the numerically higher gear set.
If I was to buy new bronco this would be a no question item that would be on my list. Nothing but gains, seemingly no downside.. It also has huge gains in the mid-range where you drive it the most. That car to me was more fun to drive vs the stock 5.0 GT Mustang I later got after the 2.3 got totaled.
It also sounded very good with just an axle back with this tune. Very subi wrx meets old school VW with a splash of the old SVO 2.3, type of sound.

For what its worth that stuff, along with tires, wheels, window tint, roush side louvers, etc where all financed threw Ford dealer as well.

Also you can plug the intake and vent the blow-off valve to atmosphere and get that cool blow off noises.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ford announced that they're adding three new performance packages for the Ranger. Which includes a "Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM". Something similar could be added for the Bronco.

The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:
  • Off-Road leveling kit
  • FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
  • Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
  • Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
  • $2,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
  • Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
  • BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
  • Rigid off-road fog light kit
  • Ford Performance calibration
  • Blue tow hooks
  • Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
  • $4,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
  • Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
  • Red tow hooks
  • Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
  • Ford Performance chase rack
  • 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust