Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

2501 - 2512 of 2512 Posts

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,503
Those headers are gorgeous... But that stance... Crazy 😮
You are probably a little too young ( COMPLIMENT!) but the stance is DEFINITELY OLD SCHOOL!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,629 Posts
I think you're right. At first looking at the small pic on my phone I thought it was one of these below. I still don't know what year the car is. :shrug

Cool whatever year it is. I grew up in a circle of guys who had 64s. One had a 2 door wagon, the other a coupe. My first dd was a quick chrome yellow 64 Sprint convertible. My little brother recently sold his Ranchero to pick up a sedan delivery. Mine was a cop magnet. I lost track of how many times I got pulled over in it after 30 something. At one point I was so frustrated I painted it gray primer.

I remember hearing about guys running a straight front axle out of an Econoline van to get rid of the inner fenders to make room for a big block. Interesting to see the solid axle under CJ's pic.

64, normally paired with the separate script.

65, with the script in the emblem.

Not mine, but a similar looking chrome yellow 64 Futura. Of course, mine had bigger back tires & the rear was up enough to make the lower trim line on the side parallel to the ground. :toothless

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,508

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,629 Posts
Cool. Dyno Don in an altered wheelbase Comet. I always thought it was funny that the doors on 64/65 Comets were interchangeable with Falcons. Different front & rear fenders, but the lines matched up thru the doors.

I had a Cyclone, but it was a little newer.

·
Forward Some Money
5,012 Posts
I think you're right. At first looking at the small pic on my phone I thought it was one of these below. I still don't know what year the car is. :shrug

Cool whatever year it is. I grew up in a circle of guys who had 64s. One had a 2 door wagon, the other a coupe. My first dd was a quick chrome yellow 64 Sprint convertible. My little brother recently sold his Ranchero to pick up a sedan delivery. Mine was a cop magnet. I lost track of how many times I got pulled over in it after 30 something. At one point I was so frustrated I painted it gray primer.

I remember hearing about guys running a straight front axle out of an Econoline van to get rid of the inner fenders to make room for a big block. Interesting to see the solid axle under CJ's pic.

64, normally paired with the separate script.

65, with the script in the emblem.

Not mine, but a similar looking chrome yellow 64 Futura. Of course, mine had bigger back tires & the rear was up enough to make the lower trim line on the side parallel to the ground. :toothless

The "gasser"(probably an A/FX) Falcon with the moon tank on the front is a '64 with a '65 grille. The '64 had the "wide" (aluminum?) side trim vs the narrower '65 stainless trim.
The 64 had the egg crate grille vs the '65 grille with the center divide. Small differences with the dash too. Back in the early 70s I had a very similar 64 Falcon with 65 grille and 2 gallon moon tank off the front. (not very safe). Mine was a small block and ran low 13s. Good times! I'm currently working on a '65 Falcon wagon 4 door and have a '65 2 door wagon sitting behind the garage.

·
Ford-a-Holic
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,512

2501 - 2512 of 2512 Posts