1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,841

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,842
My first '68 fastback, circa 1979-1980; full chassis, full roll cage, narrowed 9", Koni Coilovers, tubbed, 13"-31' slicks sitting under the fender wells, built 351C. top loader 4 speed....
First car I ever built, Man, I really need to stop selling shit....

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,844 (Edited)
That had to be more like 1989-90 with those Fox Mustangs hanging around... ;)

Brings back fond memories!

Those pics were well after I had sold it, got those pics from the third owner yesterday. All the pictures I had of it were lost after my divorce...
First time I had seen it in a long time.
I sold it prior to getting married because, like an idiot, I figured it was time to grow up.
The guy i sold it to, kept the Cleveland for his own car and sold the car to an old friend of mine. I just happened to run into him and he had a couple of pictures after he primed and repainted the car.
He too, was running a Cleveland

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,845

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
311 Posts
Nah man its all good I understand. I took no offense. Im glad to hear there are more guys my age (or close) that are into older vehicles. They're works of art compared to the boring stuff we get these days
Same here! I’m 33 and mine is my dream truck. I hope to NEVER get rid of this. Hopefully hand it down to my children one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,847

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
@92bronco_dude Sorry, didn’t mean to generalize. But around here, seems most young men like the Stangs, Beamers, Challengers, etc. I remember him telling me something about he always wanted one....and didn’t even flinch when I made him a substantial offer. Mind you, I was broke as a joke, that truck is out of my league. I just wanted to see his reaction...said no Thxs. Nice young man...I could tell. Perhaps Broncos attract good people! Oh, he had Corbeu ? off road looking seats, 5 point harness. Rest of interior was super clean. Looked stock to me but I’m no expert. And he had the obligatory “boom box” system! Can’t roll in Miami without one. LOL
Hah! I was born in 88 and bought my first vehicle, a 94 bronco, in 2002. I have a 78 f150 needing lots of love and a 32v 4.6 waiting to go into an old falcon/comet or maverick. Us youngins arent all addicted to memes and brodozers.

Not a ford, but powered by one! Triumph TR4 with a 300 six with side draft Weber's.

IMG_0642.jpg

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
40 Posts
Hah! I was born in 88 and bought my first vehicle, a 94 bronco, in 2002. I have a 78 f150 needing lots of love and a 32v 4.6 waiting to go into an old falcon/comet or maverick. Us youngins arent all addicted to memes and brodozers.

Not a ford, but powered by one! Triumph TR4 with a 300 six with side draft Weber's.

View attachment 159648
Ain't that the truth man. I have to use a friends Facebook to use marketplace because I can't stand this social media sh!t

I miss Craigslist

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,999 Posts
Ain't that the truth man. I have to use a friends Facebook to use marketplace because I can't stand this social media sh!t

I miss Craigslist
My FB page, opened when you still had to be INVITED to FB, was hacked a few years ago. Never opened a new one. So I do t use marketplace. Craigslist is still pretty good in my neck of the woods, er,, prairie.

And to stay on topic...

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,851

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,852 (Edited)

"This film from Ford shows the company's experimental gas turbine semi truck, known as "Big Red". It dates to approximately 1965. The film starts out with shots of the Cabana Motel in Atlanta before showing a map of the nation's new interstate highway system. At :54 a superhighway is shown with its many interchanges. "When this network is completed, true long-range hauling at sustained speeds with all city traffic bypassed...will become a practical idea for the first time." At 1:30 the standard cargo hauler of the era, a Ford diesel truck, is shown. The truck for the future is then unveiled at 1:56, the "Big Red". At 2:39 the truck is shown at the New York World's Fair where it was on display. At 2:52 it is shown at an auto show. At 3:10 the cab of the truck is shown backing into its trailer. At 3:30 an early Ford turbine is shown. At 3:42 the Ford turbine laboratory is shown with a mainframe type computer in operation. At 4:00 the experimental 705 engine is shown. At 4:12 the futuristic cab of the truck is shown off with its refrigerator, toilet, sleeping area, television set and more amenities. Sitting eight feet above the highway behind a free-standing control console, the driver had unlimited visibility. Ford's advanced experimental “Big Red” truck represented a massive R&D effort by Ford. A major catalyst for the project was the potential for lucrative military gas turbine engine contracts unrelated to heavy trucks. “Big Red” made its public debut at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair. After the fair, “Big Red” toured the United States and Canada with stops in Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Los Angeles, Newark, Philadelphia, Oklahoma City, Toronto and Washington DC. The truck then made several cross-country test runs at costs comparable to diesel operation. Ford executive vice president Charles H. Patterson said “This truck is a concept vehicle from our product research office. It is a test-bed in which advanced engineering ideas are proved out in actual over-the-road operation”. Ford envisioned huge double-trailer combinations like the “Big Red” concept which would travel 24/7 for maximum operating economy, rarely leaving the interstates except for driver changes, switching trailers and refueling. Test drivers reported that the turbine power-plant was virtually noiseless, and produced an odorless, non-toxic exhaust (which was safely vented 14 feet above traffic). Years before brake regulations were created for heavy trucks, “Big Red” was built with three redundant brake systems. The brakes would pulse-lock automatically if the air pressure dropped below minimal levels. We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment! See something interesting? Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,853

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,856

·
Ultra Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,858
Your close @BigAggie ...It's The Beaver and his not so bright pal, Larry Mondello

2841 - 2860 of 2883 Posts