Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading threads from you guys I went to order 1 5/8 dia shorty headers for my 89 Bronco which is going to get a 393 and found that Ford racing is discontinuing manufacturing the 1 5/8 stainless shorty truck headers under pt #M9430T58. Apparently too many people are whining about the 409 stainless getting rusty/brownish and are returning enough sets that it is not worth their time anymore. Obviously making them out of more expensive 304 or 316? stainless is beyond what most people are willing to pay. I ordered my set from Summit who advised that they have 14 sets left and that will be it. I am assuming there is some minor clearance issue for my year as they list these as only being for 90 thru 96. None of the threads seemed to talk about this particular issue but I cannot imagine it being anything serious...

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem fitting to your engine or in the truck. That's really strange that they only go back that far for applications. Weren't the 1988 through 1991 Broncos pretty much the same? Or is my damn Lunesta finally kicking in?

So sad about the idiots returning headers. As soon as some people hear 'stainless' they think it's going to be shiny forever.

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
they are the same in that year range. if anything maybe slight variations in the frame notching or something, but either way they will go in.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Oh if you want a fun time, you should try fitting an exhaust system to my Ford Racing headers made for Mustangs and GT40P heads. :banghead

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Those are the headers I'm running, and yeah they do discolor, but it's really no big deal. How much time do these dorks spend staring at their headers anyway?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts