Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford is conducting a voluntary safety recall involving an incorrect wiring harness service part that does not have the fusing protection intended for certain vehicle configurations or was mis-applied in 225,000 vehicles.

The service action involves the installation of a new wiring harness on cars. If the harnesses are not available, an electrical component will be replaced until a wiring harness is available.

These are quick repairs and will be done at no charge to customers. Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by mail.
AFFECTED VEHICLES

The Wiring Harness (4W1Z-14A411-BC) was installed on approximately 225,000 vehicles of the non compatible models and years listed below.

1992-2003 Econoline*
1993-1995 Taurus SHO
1992-1998 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis
1992-1995 Town Car
1993 Bronco
1993 F-Series *
1995-1997 F-Series Stripped Chassis*

* Gas engines only

·
Registered
311 Posts
I keep trying to get mine done but Ford NEVER has the part. They want me to come down and have the cruise control disconnected (I guess it's a fire hazard) until they get the parts. The only problem is that I use my cruise control and don't want to be without it for 6 mos to a year. Anyone heard of an actual case involving this problem?

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
No. But just in case, I've put a fusible link inline with the faulty circuit. Engineering mistakes like this should have greater consequences, IMHO. No competent engineer would allow an unprotected circuit like this to exist.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No. But just in case, I've put a fusible link inline with the faulty circuit. Engineering mistakes like this should have greater consequences, IMHO. No competent engineer would allow an unprotected circuit like this to exist.
Killer idea. Is there a write up on this? What exactly did you do? Reading wiring diags in not my strongest attribute.

·
Broncoless
1,494 Posts
I keep trying to get mine done but Ford NEVER has the part. They want me to come down and have the cruise control disconnected (I guess it's a fire hazard) until they get the parts. The only problem is that I use my cruise control and don't want to be without it for 6 mos to a year. Anyone heard of an actual case involving this problem?
ford actually has been FINALLY distributing the correct parts needed for this recall cluster f***. your local dealer should have them soon enough. just keep trying back with them and see where they stand on having the parts.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
You'd think after the endless ethics papers we have to right in school nowadays...

Someones PE license should be suspended if not worse.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I've just had my cruise disconnected for many months now. Everytime I check they don't have the damn thing. I'm just glad I live in the city and never have to use my cruise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts