Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford trucks are still the best selling vehicle overall for the 23rd year in a row. Its just a shame that I can remember when Ford had 5 of the top 10 sellers back in the 90's.

1. Ford F-Series 400,177
2. Chevrolet Silverado 317,169
3. Toyota Camry 218,517
4. Dodge Ram 183,174
5. Honda Accord 178,116
6. Honda Civic 165,056
7. Chevrolet Impala 144,730
8. Toyota Corolla 132,182
9. Dodge Caravan 125,813
10. Chevrolet Cobalt 119,952

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
I can't believe the number of Camry models sold compared to Honda Accord models (or Civics, for that matter). IMO the Accord is a much better vehicle all around...but then look at how many Dodge trucks were sold. :histerica

What's the source of that list, btw?

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The article is from the MSN website today. They got their figures from the Automotive News Data Center.

And that is only for the F150 series....I wonder were they would be at if you caunted F250 and F350 since more people are buying them nowadays. Oh yeah, its also the best selling truck in 28 years straight....:chili: :chili: :beer :rockon

·
Lick my
2,087 Posts
jerelight said:
9. Dodge Caravan 125,813

They are #1 in trade-ins. I dont know why people continue to buy these vans. I'd take an Aerostar with 300k before Id buy one of these vans new. And Chrysler hasnt made a decent trans since the RWD days.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I think the intervals are interesting. Every other vehicle is in about 20,000 units of eachother, but Ford is out in front by 75,000

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
83bronco5.0 said:
They are #1 in trade-ins. I dont know why people continue to buy these vans. I'd take an Aerostar with 300k before Id buy one of these vans new. And Chrysler hasnt made a decent trans since the RWD days.
My dad bought an 05 Caravan brand new last year. It's actually a very nice van. I like it a lot better than the Ford Freestars. Be for he bought the 05 he had a 91 which he bought new. Never had any major problems with it at all and my dad isn't very good with maintainance either. I think Chrysler definately builds the best minivan out there.

·
Lick my
2,087 Posts
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
My dad bought an 05 Caravan brand new last year. It's actually a very nice van. I like it a lot better than the Ford Freestars. Be for he bought the 05 he had a 91 which he bought new. Never had any major problems with it at all and my dad isn't very good with maintainance either. I think Chrysler definately builds the best minivan out there.

They do build a good motor for it though. The 3.3 is pretty peppy for a minivan, but the trannies are too unreliable. My aunt put a trans in 4 different Voyagers at 70-75k ranging in years from 88 to 04. She is very easy on them and they are mostly highway miles. I watch this day after day at my buddies trans shop. Chryslers still have the worst trannies.

And yes, the freestars do suck. Id rather have the full size van.

·
Lick my
2,087 Posts
abra said:
IMO i think astro was better, rear drive, corgo load and you can v8 them with ez:goodfinge (did it, took 12hrs) also 4x4 kits

Im waitin to find a perfect body w/ bad motor to do that to.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
i found mine at a poor mans used car lot for 300.00. drove it home. next day pulled and installed. trans blew in 8,000 miles. cost total 2200.00. pulled low 13's w/o nos. 12.4 is best time with 75hp nos.

raced a 02 gt. i had a handie cap, riding lawnmore was in back:banghead won by a fender.

i loved honda's, honda's hated me.

i feel like im on the wrong forum for this.

yay #1 go bonco's:thumbup

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
abra said:
i found mine at a poor mans used car lot...
You mean my back yard, right? :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
For 2005, Chevrolet and GMC's combined full-size truck sales totaled 998,654 versus 901,463 for Ford; adding the Escalade EXT raises the total of GM full-size trucks sold during calendar 2005 to 1,006,420.

Sad that the only reason Ford is #1 is because GM,Chevrolet and Caddy split their sales between three nameplates.

Jeff

p/s Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/21/MTGPVK29B01.DTL

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EdsonBronco said:
For 2005, Chevrolet and GMC's combined full-size truck sales totaled 998,654 versus 901,463 for Ford; adding the Escalade EXT raises the total of GM full-size trucks sold during calendar 2005 to 1,006,420.

Sad that the only reason Ford is #1 is because GM,Chevrolet and Caddy split their sales between three nameplates.

Jeff

p/s Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/07/21/MTGPVK29B01.DTL
I wonder where they got their numbers from, because a Escalade EXT is not a truck...its a sport utility truck, even says it on GMs website and that would include the Avalance. Now that would mean that if they wanted to include those types of trucks, then the Explorer Sport Trac should be included in Fords tally also. Just wondering where they got their figures from and what vehicles are included in thos calculations. I know if you combine the GMC Sierra and the Chevy Silverado sales together, they do out sell Ford.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.