Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford zf 5 speed trans 400/429/460

Ford 400/429/460 5 speed manual trans. 6.72:1 1st gear and .7? overdrive.
Good condition. $900. I sold the truck it was supposed to go in. Im in the Detroit, MI area. Rather not ship but i would.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
sweeettttt....great bulletproof tranny for going slow and then have the od for highway cruizin, that won't work on a 351w? please say yes....lol

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,187 Posts
I do believe there is a company out there that makes adapters for this..I saw it just the other day, can't remember who it was though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
as far as i know, they don't make a smallblock ZF tranny. The small block tranny is a Mazda M5OD, which has a slightly different gear ratio, however, if you want what a ZF has, theoretically, you can swap guts from a ZF to a M5OD. Anybody else know anything about this?

·
Banned
6,552 Posts
The smallblock ZFs are scarcer than hen's teeth and SUPER expensive. I had the opportunity to buy one several years ago for $800 delivered (which is an excellent price), but I didn't have the loot to lay down then. :(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
500 is pretty far from 900.
I can check with forward air, but i bet it would be between 100-150 to ship. I'm on thier site, but cant figure out how to get a quote. :duh
Lowest I can go is 800+ ship.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts