Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these when I was looking for a sparkplug replacement that I heard about at a Small Business Association Seminar. I havent found what I was looking for but these seem interesting. Here's the link. Its easier for you to read then let me try and explain it.
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/Firestorm.html
Its not in production but if the price is right at the time it is available I would be FSB's guinea pig

Rich

EDIT: The title is suppose to say Firestorm. Yes my typing skills suck

·
Registered
405 Posts
After reading about Smokey Yunick and his hot vapor engine I won't rule out the Firestorm just yet. I did my own research and found some supporting evidence, but we can only let tell show us the truth on this one.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You have X amount of voltage available for spark. You can have one thick,hot spark, or you can break it up into multiple weaker sparks. Anyway you cut it, you are expending that X amount of energy when the plug fires. Draw your own conclusions from that fact.

FYI, Sixliter gets excellent results with a stock, non-platinum plug. Check out his tune up tips.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, Sixliter gets excellent results with a stock, non-platinum plug. Check out his tune up tips.
I have already done that and went from 8 to 12.5 with the coil and wires, then changed the timing and now its up to 14:chili:. When I change the plugs this summer I'm going to regap them to his specs.

I agree with the amount of energy , but I was actually looking for the new spark plug design that they are working on here at Albuqueque. The speaker said it will revolutionalize the industry. On that note would'nt a plasma arc be hotter/more efficient. I thought maybe someone else heard about it and had more info. I missed the opportunity to ask her, the coffee went right thru me:duh and had to hit the bathroom. I'll see if her contact # is in the pamplet that was handed out.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
so when the plugs come out Im going to get 28 mpg in my trucks? I dont think so. 20 18 16 would be a miracle. my 75 gets 8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts