Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I used to have a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited that I bought brand new. Here's a video from an event in Utah clearing an obstacle that a friend's UniMog couldn't. Fault Line Attempt #2
Here's the last obstacle that totaled the Jeep (in the eyes of the insurance company).

The Jeep's gone now, and I picked up a 1985 Bronco. It was in semi-rough shape when I brought it home, but I've got a plan for it. It's being built as a street legal (but probably trailered on runs with more than 50 miles of pavement) rock crawler. Here's my tentative build:
Pinch the front to the width of the radiator, remove the front fenders, narrow the hood. Cut the rear fenders up to the body line starting a few inches past the door, dovetail the remaining skin, build new fenderwells to keep stuff from coming up. Exo-cage along the new hood line tied to the A and B pillars and under door rock sliders and over the cab and to the back. Move the gas tank to the rear bed. 5 point harnesses and either tube doors or no doors. A '79 D60 front with 5.38/Detroit Locker/Warn Hubs/Reid Knuckles/CTM's/Chromo shafts and PSC full hydro steering. A Corp 14b with 5.38/Detroit/disc brakes with relocated/shackle flip leaf springs. Target tire size is 42" or 44".

The motor has been cleaned up and tuned up, and aside from having a carb it runs pretty good. If it doesn't handle the high angles well I'll probably go scrounge a TBI system for it. The rear axle is just about built and I'm gathering the parts for the front while the shop tears it down. Cutting up the body should start this weekend.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Yeah take lots of pics.

We like pikshurs :toothless

Welcome to FSB :thumbup

Where in Vegas do you live? Used to live on Green Valley Parkway.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got some pictures from the day that I brought it home - as soon as I find a place to put them online I'll start the build thread.

I'm living right in the middle of town, walking distance from Luv-It.

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
Sounds like a great plan there, can't wait to see build pics.

Welcome to FSB

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd put up the pictures I have of the truck and the axles as they're being built, but Supermotors doesn't seem to be working. I tried creating an account and I never got the email to validate the account.

I don't have the Corp 14 near me to measure, so I can't tell if I'm going to need to outboard the shackle mounts for it, but the spring hangers and the rotors are the only parts keeping from swinging the axle under the rig this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts