Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than a mile from my house. on the way back from getting pizza (I missed it on the way to the pizza).
Black hardtop in the ditch (from later model), rear windows busted. Got home, neighbor said it had been there a while, so I went and snagged it. Another bonus of running with fastback!

We grabbed the seals and plopped it on and got it home. The right rear corner is scuffed and looks bent outward (it didn't sit on the rail just right).

This top is for a late model, but I'm wondering if I can cut it up and use if to make a soft topper.

The guy that lived across said someone was hauling a junk bronco and the top flew off. When I asked if it looked like it might need to be saved for owner, the guy laughed like it was a junker. I think he was glad it was out of his yard.

So... should these be a direct fit or close enough to try? the curves in the top cent er cab look a little different. Maybe it is junk Pics later.

·
Super Moderator
24,653 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
80 Posts
Sounds cool. Do it and post pictures. I'd love to see what you come up with. It seems like you could cut most of it off and use it as a frame to attach a cover to. Or it might be strong enough to attach side windows and a giant canvas sunroof thing to. Maybe do something like this, but just in the topper...

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,929 Posts
The 78/9, 80-91, and 92-96 tops are all different.

Does it have a third brake light? If yes, its a 92-96 (also has mounts for shoulder seat belts), if not its 80-91. These two also vary in locating pin locations. 78/9 have a bit different shape to them, but you can probably achieve what you want with a newer one on your bronco.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts