Votes: 83 42.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 223 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
stangmata50l said:
bnkrstk is also THE ONLY guy I have ever known to get a fullsize rig stuck between two trees...FRONT AND BACK!!! :histerica

I wasn't stuck, I was demonstrating my mad parallel parkin' skillz, learning to drive in Philly has some advantages. :brownbag

Stock on 33's

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Somehow I ended up in front so here are some pics from behind.

This was the first spot I made my seven year old scream "we're all gonna die" my first attempt had my wife and kids thinking we were gonna flop, they took no comfort when I told them the tree was put there to prevent that. :toothless

I'm the third truck in line. Reptillikus and kht428 are ahead of me

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Most of the wheeling I have done has been with stock vehicles, it has only been in the past year and half or so that I have had a lifted truck. My wife bought me the lift for Christmas because she knew I would never buy it for myself.

Wheeling used to be my "me time" My wife had some HUGE knockers and was afraid they would bounce around and hurt so she never went. Not to mention we were in the process of adopting our two daughters who were in foster care at the time and since most of the wheeling I did back then was in NJ I had to get permission everytime we crossed state lines. My wife had a breast reduction :cry and were given blanket permission to take the kids anywhere in the tri-state area :chili: So I took my family wheeling once my youngest was old enough to face forward in a child seat. They loved it, it became OUR thing. My oldest would point out big water/mud holes and say daddy " go there, go there" if I didn't she would boo me. (typically Philadelphian):toothless Now if I say we're going wheeling the kids count down the days until we get in the truck to go. They are champs, even when my junk breaks they take it in stride. :thumbup

I used to drive to and from the trails and fix what I broke in order to make it home. I never thought of trailering until I lifted my truck and got "lift balls" which were accompanied by "35' tire balls". The oppurtunity arose for me to get a tow rig and trailer so I didn't pass it up. My truck is still street legal and driven around town, my little one especially loves going to softball and soccer in it. I tried to get my wife to drive it to soccer, so it could a soccer mom-mobile. But she will only drive it on the trail.

That's my story.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Some pics for fun... yeah people looked at us like we were crazy.

First time I ever used Seafoam

Yeah there was a lot of smoke.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
Buck The Bronco said:
It's not look'n like I have a chance any more but, In the spirit of FOTM heres some more pics

Dont' give up, it's still early and anyone's game at this point. Great pics keep 'em coming :thumbup

·
Registered
468 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
Dont' give up, it's still early and anyone's game at this point. Great pics keep 'em coming :thumbup
Thanks.....Keep up the good work yourself. I had to vote for you cause youre wheel'n some pretty mean stuff

It's a pretty close race between you and todd.....Keep up the good whor'n guys

·
Registered
468 Posts
Down in Kansas at the tuttle creek off-road park The place isn't that special....but it's the closest for me so thats usually where I'm at on the weekends.

Got stuck on my way into the rock garden...pretty much the toughest trail in tuttle creek which isn't really say'n much

I thought this was a neat pic

Heres the the beginning of the toughest part of it

Stupid TTB......can't wait for the SAS this winter
\

OUCHY!!!!

This is the only picture that actually shows how steep it is

I Have to give thanks to my girlfriend Kristi for taking all the great pictures she does, If it wasn't for her I would have any of these pics(I'm not very good at remebering to stop and take pictures).... it's nice having you're own wheeling photographer. Thanks again

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
The camo almost works in this pic

I think I'll take a seat, those are 35's that you can barely see. Yes, I'm a fat bastard, but I make it work.

Notice the windshield. The truck stalled so we decided to save the battery and snatch it vs. winch it. I realized after I threw the cable onto the hood, there is big steek hook on the end of it. DUH, that is the second windshield broken on a wheeling run, the first my wife pushed the seat too far up getting the kids out. Bronco II seats don't fold and flip.

Chocolate pudding anyone?

The centering pin on mt left rear spring broke, I'll find more pics of that. It kicked out the wedge and shim but Rep and I walked the trail and found them. We had to make a stud for the wedge so we cut down the shoulder of a 1/2 inch bolt and it worked for the rest of the day. Gotta love air tools and cordless sawzalls.

·
Registered
615 Posts
just another pic i took of todd trying to get out of the snow.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
todd do you just have a ls, if you do what kind?

·
Registered
615 Posts
JD_Bronco said:
todd do you just have a ls, if you do what kind?
he just has a heavy right foot on the go pedal. and open diffs.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
AndyBronco said:
he just has a heavy right foot on the go pedal. and open diffs.
Yup Andy's right... if you use enough go pedal both tires spin

A few more pics
Mounting my seats

Finished product

Some snow pics

·
Registered
468 Posts
Heres some pics of the mods Ive done.....I don't have a whole lot of pics cause I'm not usually the one to stop and take pics

I just did this last week....got an old rusty air tank off of a semi and put new fittings in it for the air lines

mounting the tank above the rear axel(Underneath the back seat).....Used 1/4" ready rod for u-bolts

Finished product

Electric fans....of course they're yellow, everything gets painted yellow
The reason for putting the electric fans on was because I was tired of the clutch fan grinding on the shroud everytime the body flexed a little bit

My Millermatic 250 front locker.....I couldn't put justice into spending a bunch of money on the twin traction beam if i was planning on doing a SAS here pretty soon

over the years Ive gotten pretty quick with pulling these babies

all welded up

These welds oughta last a little while

This was just another pretty pic

My pup Rueben hangen out in the back while I was busy cutt'n the fenders

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Some older pics in the snow

121 - 140 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.