Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck didn't come with a tach. Seeing my rpms would be super helpful. Checking here before I go to eBay

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,339 Posts
@miesk5 I re-opened this. I figured the delete was accidental with the second post deletion.

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Make sure you verify year and model. My 1996 is a base model with the 5 speed and a 302 ( no tach). My 1993 is the XLT with a auto trans and a tach. I thought it would just a plug and play switch... It was not one... one of them has connector positioned vertically and the other horizontally and they where different size connectors.

Do not believe everything that is said about all 1992 to 1996 being interchangeable. I went and bought a aftermarket tach on a A pillar mount. Very easy to hook up .

·
Super Moderator
29,094 Posts
Yo Burnt,
Sorry, I have lag here, causing screen to jump around.

Thanks BigBlue 94!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure you verify year and model. My 1996 is a base model with the 5 speed and a 302 ( no tach). My 1993 is the XLT with a auto trans and a tach. I thought it would just a plug and play switch... It was not one... one of them has connector positioned vertically and the other horizontally and they where different size connectors.

Do not believe everything that is said about all 1992 to 1996 being interchangeable. I went and bought a aftermarket tach on a A pillar mount. Very easy to hook up .
Good to know. Mine is a base xl, but with a 351w, manual transfer case, and auto trans. I found one off an auto 96 XLT that looks like it would fit but your additional input is helpful. I made a posting on an old thread asking for this exact reason. Don't want to waste money on wrong parts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please delete. Bought a cluster off eBay.

Reactions: miesk5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.