Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on the 90 Bronco. It has the 5.8 Windsor, I'm trying to get the idle working right, just put some Lucas injecter cleaner in so hopefully that will work. While bleeding the brakes I found a hose sticking out from the gas tank. One end is clipped onto the tank, but the other end is hanging. I'm guessing this is some sort of siphon or bleed of line, but I can't see back far enough on the top side of the tank to see where it needs hooked up. Is this a problem or not that big a deal. Also, the rpm's fluctuate about 150 rpm's with brakes on and in gear. When I'm driving no problem or if the Bronco is in park it's not doing it, only when it's in gear with brakes on. Is that a timing thing or do I need to spend the $80 for a new idle air control? Another problem is the heater. It gets hot but the air doesn't blow out. Is that more likely a switch or the fan motor itself? Is there any way to check one or the other? Thanks
Myke

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
don't replace anything before following the steps in the haynes manual on checking it.

I don't know the answers to your questions. But I wanted to say that because its easy to throw parts at something hoping to just fix it.

heres me guessing.. not too sure on your problems..

Theres a door that could be stuck close on the heater problem... or the yellow plastic vacuum line that is near the firewall on the passenger side could be disenagrated. If it it is, cut off the bad and slide on some new hose.

The idle.. scan for codes.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13
(in the middle of pulling codes you have to push the brake, rev it, turn the steering wheel) Try searching on what you exactly have to do. I remember gacknar replying to one of my thread saying when and what you had to do.)

The fuel hose- Look in steve83's superford pictures on the fuel tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need4racin, I took the bronco to Autozone to scan for codes and the guy said he couldnt scan because the check engine light wasn't on, so he wouldn't get any codes. Thanks for the advice, I have checked the 2 causes you suggested. I plan on borrowing my neighbors votlmeter to check and see if I'm getting power to the fan today. I would hate to get blasted for throwing money and parts to fix a problem I don't understand again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Need4racin, I took the bronco to Autozone to scan for codes and the guy said he couldnt scan because the check engine light wasn't on, so he wouldn't get any codes. Thanks for the advice, I have checked the 2 causes you suggested. I plan on borrowing my neighbors votlmeter to check and see if I'm getting power to the fan today. I would hate to get blasted for throwing money and parts to fix a problem I don't understand again.
Those autozone monkeys are full of shit, the computer can still have codes with no check engine light. :smilie_slap Go to www.fordfuelinjection.com and check the codes using the procedure there. As for the rolling idle, check for vacuum leaks, from the sounds if it there's definitely one there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts