Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walter Colson's '66 Mustang...tubbed, chomeolly (sp) frame, aluminum interior, dual shot of nitrose on a 572...

I have some pics of some Mustang II's for you guys but I got to scan them first...

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
:shocked :beer

·
Registered
990 Posts
Any chance I can drive it?

Seriously...:D :D :D

Thats a sweet stang, but it still has the 289 emblems, need to get some 572 ones:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those were taken almost ten years ago...it was originally built for the Hot Rod fastest Street Car Shootout. It was street legal and would haul balls. That thing has to be the fastest street legal thing I have ever been in. I will e-mail the guys and see if they still have any numbers on it. I know the first time they took it down to Memphis they screwed something up doing the "street testing"...in those photos they are actually doing all the wiring.

on a side note....the Mustang was in Hot Rod magazine after it was painted a deep deep maroonish purple...not sure if he even still has it...I have some old 8mm Sony video from back in the day when there were about 10-15 of us "Pro Street" guys that hung out....wish there was some way i could convert them...:shrug

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good observation Buckin....Walter had a sweet Pro Street '67 Chevelle with a built 454...but alas a nitrose line popped off causing a fire that got so hot that is warped the roll cage...they salvaged what they could and when they built the Mustang it originally had the 454 block so the tube frame was set up for a big block Chevy. He then had the 572 built and that is why it is running a Chevy...and yes he was constantly given shit about it. Walter has had a plethora of 60s-70s Fords and had a really nice orange Cyclone with a nitrosed 460 that appeared to be all original.

·
Registered
769 Posts
i wouldnt give him shit for having the 572...id take one anyday cause of the power and tq it puts out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts