1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller states these are 16x10 5 on 5.5.

Do they fit?

What about the back spacing?

What size tire should I mount on there if i decide to get these?

1985 - 4x4 stock. 5.8L carb.

·
Premium Member
4,792 Posts
i'm no wheel expert, but they will bolt on. they are the right bolt pattern. You'll want to run a 12.50 or 13.50 or wide tire on them.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
I would keep with the stockers. If you aren't lifted you may run into backspacing issues and most likely end up rubbing the hell out of the radius arms or your fenders depending on tire size. 10" is too wide to run on anything under 33's, so if you're planning on rolling on stock tires (or something not too much larger) forget it.

Remember everything you do as an action, always has a re-action. So you grab wider rims, now you need larger tires. Now that you have larger tires you need a lift and gears.

You can fit 35x12.5's on your stock rims, and I'd spend the extra money on tires before I blew money on rims for sure. You're only paying for extra width, which It'd be doubtful that you went with a tire too wide for your stockers. I mean if you have the money to spend, go for it. But remember you cant just buy and rims and tires and expect everything to work together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the wheels mine came with are off a Chevy ... LOL.

Anything will look better than those.

Plus only the front 2 tires are the same size, but they are not even the same tread. So they need to all get swapped out fast.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
Yea I agree, IMO I would go with 8" wide wheels, and go with a 255/75/16 tire, which is about a 31x10. It'll look a little bit more aggressive, but you won't have to worry about tire rub since you won't have a lift kit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
As stated above, measure the center of your wheels and then the center of those to make sue they fit over the hubs.

At least the wheels you have now fit...

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's up guys New to FSB but just to throw my 2cents in i am on my secound Bronco . the one i have know is on 20 inch street tires ,living in queens New York not really efficiant having terrain tires on the truck like my last one which was the point i was getting at you can run 32x12.5 BFG all terrains on stock susspension with very minimal rub on the corner of the front bumper only when making slow paking type movements. other than that nothing at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem is finding tires!

Found some used ones, but they weren't worth crap so I returned them.

Anyone selling some?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts