Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this while messing around behind the glove box on my 86 EB 5.0 AOD......not plugged into anything

Looked here....and couldn't identify it.....

Pulled the dash pad cover and glove box off to try and find a spot for this to go, but couldn't

Any help would be great. I also looked through steve83's supermotors "diagrams" folder. I have been scrathing my head :scratchhe on this thing for a couple weeks now.

thnx

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Should be the one for the seatbelt/key in buzzer. look up behind your glovebox and hooked to the back of the dash you should see the little box.

Justin

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Haha, I have wires all over the place in my truck. Even got a live one hangin' down by the e-brake. No idea where any of them go. A lot behind my stereo especially. Plugs, stripped wires, etc.

Not really a helpful post, but that's my story.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
dunno, theres not enough wire there to make it to the stereo right? i cant say ive seen a connector like that on my truck, though it is newer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Haha, I have wires all over the place in my truck. Even got a live one hangin' down by the e-brake. No idea where any of them go. A lot behind my stereo especially. Plugs, stripped wires, etc.

Hell, by now most all of these trucks have some "bonus wiring" It's just the easter egg hunt the PO was nice enough to setup for you. :toothless

Justin

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

I'd buy a Haynes manuel and fix that before an electrical fire burns the car, you and/or your house down.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should be the one for the seatbelt/key in buzzer. look up behind your glovebox and hooked to the back of the dash you should see the little box.

Justin
i agree, this looks like a connector for the buzzer/chime
Thnx Guys. The buzzer/selt belt makes sense cuz the "seat belt" indicating light doesn't work and neither does the key-in buzzer. I searched around and still can't find where this goes. I have the glove box out and i do not see a spot for it.
Here is a close up of the plug.

Looks like it is identified as "E43B-I448?. the last number is unreadable. I googled this and come up with nothing

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
if you're determined to find the box it's actually mounted to the back of the dashboard. only way to get to it is to pull the dash pad and stick your head down in there and look at the back of the truck right above the glovebox.

Justin

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'd buy a Haynes manuel and fix that before an electrical fire burns the car, you and/or your house down.
I have a Chilton manual, but also have much bigger things to worry about right now.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have a Chilton manual, but also have much bigger things to worry about right now.
What? Fuel leak, pregnant gf, horrible scrotal disfigurement? At least kill power to the live wire(s), anything else you can wait on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
IIRC there's nothing on the buzzer plug that matters. Personally I think the previous PO did ya a favor :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
What? Fuel leak, pregnant gf, horrible scrotal disfigurement? At least kill power to the live wire(s), anything else you can wait on.
All of the above.

No seriously, I taped it off and all, but I gotta fix my e-brake and pinging problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
isnt it where you plug the computer code reader into my dad had an old school one from the 90s, tells you whats wrong with certain things

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
isnt it where you plug the computer code reader into my dad had an old school one from the 90s, tells you whats wrong with certain things
Nah, that's a goofy looking red one under the hood.

Justin

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wonder if thats what it is on my 92, I have something just like that hanging down right under the dash in the bottom center, where the tranny pan is. Because my dinger doesnt work, I dont really care I've always wondered what it went to though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts