Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

what is this? I dropped the pan to replace the filter and gasket yesterday and found this floating in it

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
what type of material is it...i would say if it is some type of metal i would say it is part of the clutch packs....but i don't listen to me because i can't exactly say what it is without see it in hand....has the tranny had any probs lately??

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
What kind of material is it? It looks like it could be a brass shim.....??.

Whatever it is it can't be a good thing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'ts actually a really hard plastic so I really have no idea what or where it came from, but I agree it cant be a good thing

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
without seeing the bottom of the tranny, i would say it was aspacer between the clutch packs or by one of the spragues (sp)....good time to put a NP435 manual in there...or a C6...make this truck into a real project...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is a c6, I need to figure out what this is (was) before I go and do anything rash

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Try to find a good parts breakdown of a C6 and see if you can find/identify that part. I wish I was more familiar with the internals of a C6 so I could be more help.

Good Luck....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
having trouble finding a good breakdown, if any of you have one or know of one online send it downrange, this thing is pretty frusterating

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it does, but does it look like the one in the picture has little teeth on it? maybe its just the computer Im on. if it is that where does it go?

do you guys think I can run it? should I switch out the filter, replace the gasket and remount the pan or leave it open till I figure this out? Im kinda worried about shit getting up in there. I dont really know how anything could get up there but you never know.

thanks for the replies and help though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thrust Washer

I'm pretty sure thats the thrust washer that goes between the front pump and the forward drum. It looks like it, and the description (hard plastic) matches the one I had to replace in the C-6 I just rebuilt for my 83. Does it have a number on it somewhere(1,2,3,4,ect)? I don't think that you should ignore that fact that its in two pieces in you tranny pan! Hope this helps.

·
Well Done Man!
1,621 Posts
:thumbup
tachrev351w said:
I'm pretty sure thats the thrust washer that goes between the front pump and the forward drum. It looks like it, and the description (hard plastic) matches the one I had to replace in the C-6 I just rebuilt for my 83. Does it have a number on it somewhere(1,2,3,4,ect)? I don't think that you should ignore that fact that its in two pieces in you tranny pan! Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts