Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
dogonmut tried it....long story short, hes running leafs now.

i got one with a 3 link and a panhard...close enough?

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/12468

there is someone else who has a 3 link with a wishbone...i forget his name...maroon bronco, i forget his name.

also another guy from long island (bigbad94?), but its a parallel 4 link, and its a show truck. nice job, if thats what you are going for, but if you want to beat the piss out of on the rocks, prob not what you want to go with.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
woody5484 said:
Anybody ever try a four link sas? Was considering this and wanted to know if anybody had any advise. Search didnt bring anything up
A buddy of mine who builds comp and extreme trail rigs says don't use 4-link on a rig with mechanical steering. Don't know why, seems like it would work, but he's pretty insistent on it. I do know that a three link (two on drivers, one on passenger) with a Panhard works great. It's equivalent to running a wristed passenger radius arm, but with no bushing bind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I was gonna go three link, which I'm not opposed to I think I would go with a wishbone. Anybody heard anything on which will flex better? I was thinking three-link but if I'm wrong please let me know.

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
how much flex do you need? Im just curious based on the size limitations of our rigs, we can only go so far. Unless you wanna be a ramp champ, travel becomes over-rated at a certain point and radius arm suspensions, when built correctly, or a 3 link, will sufficienly flex for most wheeling.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Depending on how tall your rig is wishbone probably wouldn't work do to crossmember clearances and oil pan clearances. Also wishbone and triangulated 4 link make the axle go up and down without moving side to side which is why you can use mechanical steering because it would create hellish bump steer from the draglink getting pulled and pushed vs. a set up with a trac bar or panhard bar that runs parallel to the draglink

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
triangulated 4 links in the front have worse bumpsteer with a draglink than a 3 link with a panhard.

there are lots of comp buggies that run 3 links with panhards, and they flex more than youll ever need.

crawler, there is someone on here with a 3 link and a wishbone, not that radical of a rig either. so i guess it can fit. ill try to find his pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts