Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE THAT KNOWS OF A GOOD PLACE IN WESTERN OREGON TO GO WHEELIN AT?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
davids78bronco said:
Take your Caps button off, please. thank you

There's alot of places to go - TSF, Florence, Coos Bay ...

www.oohva.org
yea, no shouting.:thumbup

TSF as in Tillamook State Forest, and I'll add Sandlake. Are you new to Oregon? There are many places to go, fun places in Washington too. Whatever you do, respect all rules/regs. TSF especially. It's seeing a ton of use, and currently there are many trail closures, and some discussion going on. You'll need to purchase a permit as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info and yes fairly new to oregon how much is the permit and where can i obtain one? is there a regulation book to get or something i use to make my own trails in montana so i am kinda new to the regulation & permit thing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info where do i get the permit at and how much does it cost? also i am new to this regulation thing cause in montana i made my own trails so is there a regulation book or something to get?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
new regulation? make your own trails? Good God. I can't imagine things to be too different than anywhere else, but unless you have approval from, and assistance from, Parks & Rec (such as being involved with an offroad group, building new trails, or maintaining the current ones), you can get hit with fines, possible vehicle impound, and taking a chance on the area getting closed down

Typically, any sports store will carry OHV permits - GI Joe's, or anywhere that sells quads and dirt bikes

Where in OR are you?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
davids78bronco said:
new regulation? make your own trails? Good God. I can't imagine things to be too different than anywhere else, but unless you have approval from, and assistance from, Parks & Rec (such as being involved with an offroad group, building new trails, or maintaining the current ones), you can get hit with fines, possible vehicle impound, and taking a chance on the area getting closed down

Typically, any sports store will carry OHV permits - GI Joe's, or anywhere that sells quads and dirt bikes

Where in OR are you?
:rockon :twotu:
Thanks Dave, very serious right now with TSF, so although I will never not give directions, I would be real pissed to have someone going up there adding fire to a difficult situation. We're trying to get some things back to "normal" right now. With all the rain, many trails are shut right now. The ODF over the last few years seems to think more and more that rutting (and supposedly "any erosion") is not tolerable...ATV, bike, motorized trails. So bypassing trails to go "tear it up" would be all the more fuel to the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts