Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
my bad... didn't see that you're in PA - yeah, that would kill. For reference, I believe it cost jackhart about 150-180, to ship a 150lb bumper, to NY. FedEx didn't like it, but I'm not concerned about their liking anything I ship

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
If he's looking to have that much work fabbed up it might pay to strap it all to a pallet and go truck freight. It would be worth looking into.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Dude with the work David does, i bought my front and rear bumpers from him. I live in Ohio and shipping was what, about $320?? David? I don't remember, but i do know this, with the quality of the bumper i am getting, i will never have to worry about bumpers on my Bronco again.

The shipping is worth it in my mind.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Go with David's stuff without a doubt. I have a set of his sliders (I did not get them directly from him) but they are awesome quality and well worth it. I had mine sent via FedEX to a business address and the shipping was not too bad. As someone else mentioned, if you are going to have it all done, have David make it then put it on a pallet and sent via a freight (I use Forward Air and their prices are very good considering).

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had David send me a rear bumper right here in Phila, wasn't bad at all for the shipping. He does great work, but I also would LOVE to find someone local to tweak a few things. I even had a broncoair front bumper shipped in from Colorado at over 200lbs for less then $150 (doing a write up soon as I get pictures uploaded)

:thumbup

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
davids78

hey ready to send $$$ let me know how.....

i want to start off with skidplates, looking for suggestions...
sliders...
front bumper have some thoughts/questions...first can a front bumper be made so as to have a receiver type winch and mount strong enough to facilitate at least some angle pulling and a roller fairlead...second can a grill/brush guard be made to be removable, i park my truck on city streets do not want winch, brush/grillguards on all the time if possible...third the grill guard portion, can it be made to tilt down for carrying firewood,deer,bear etc??

lotsa questions...get to the drawing table

figure by looking at the work and recomendations seen here if it can be done you will find a way

also keep it light and cheap...ha ha ha

thanks man let me know what you think

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am looking for some front and rear bumpers, Skid plates for the front,rear diff and transfer case. If you have time one day email me some stuff you have done and what the cost im looking for anything too fancy just something tuff and functional. My email is [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts