Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My frame mount that connects the rear spring on the passenger side is rusted out and is nearly broken. Being held on by a quarter inch of weld left. i was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this before and what to do. Does Ford sell this part and does it need to be welded or can I just use bolts. Thank you very much. I am new to this forum and wanted to see what you experienced guys think first.

Thank you

89 Bronco 351W. Automatic Transmission

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
oh ya, fun stuff, fix it now before it breaks and punches through the floor

search you will find a lot on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
you can bolt it. Grab some grade 8 bolts, nuts and washer

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you go offroad much you might want to take both off and put them on upside down(search shackle flip) should find lots of info. you just need to drill 3 new hole (for me the top rear hole lined up where the top front hole used to be) it will lift the rear a bit depending on how soft your springs are and the angle the shackle is on, I mix and matched my leaves(1 less) till I got it the way I like, it is soft but it really seems to dig in better and the axle articulation is near double what it was(had to move the shock mounts)
if you load the bronco up or tow alot disregard this post
hope it is helpfull

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
while you are there, swap out the shackle too, chances are that is pretty trashed too

i didnt drop my gas tank to do mine, but it would have helped tons, i got real creative and was able to start the bolts and through a good selction of tools get something on the bolt while i tighned them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts